Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why couldn't the MIAA teams play THIS weekend?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why couldn't the MIAA teams play THIS weekend?

why, again, couldn't the MIAA play THIS weekend non-conference? There are some DII's playing today ...

I wouldn't want them to pick up an extra game, if that is what your saying? Are you asking why the MIAA doesn't play non conference games or why they don't start the season one week earlier?

Comment

Asking why they aren't able to play this weekend - picking up an extra game. Why wouldn't you want them to pick up another game? I HATE the fact they only play conference games - that's beside the fact. There are other D2 teams playing today ... curious why the MIAA teams couldn't / didn't play this weekend ...

Comment

I only see two D2 teams playing and if I'm correct they are both HBCU's playing FCS teams. So it's not like the MIAA is an outlier among D2 in not playing this weekend.

Comment

I'm almost positive there is a rule that says they can't play this week. I thought the earliest they could play would be that first Thursday in September but, I could be wrong. Especially if Hornet Fan is saying there are some D2 HBCU's playing. Hornet fan, who are they?

As for the separate question about why they aren't playing non-cons. I'm with you. I wish we still played non-cons. Although when we did, they weren't as fun. We would usually just schedule some crap team like a UCO type team and play a couple periods and then let the backups play and finish them off. I guess that comes down to the scheduling though. If we were playing a non-con that would help in the future rankings of SOS... I'd be all for it.

However, I wouldn't be in favor of adding a extra game to the season it is already long enough. I'd say throw in two non-cons in place of the existing conference games.

Comment

Elizabeth City State plays Hampton and Morehouse plays Alabama A&M in the Tom Benson Hall of Fame Classic. ECSU has 11 games on their schedule plus the CIAA Championship game listed on the last day of the regular season so theoretically they could play 17 games this year (11 regular season, CIAA Championship, five NCAA Playoff games). Morehouse only has ten games scheduled with an open date on September 21 and Nov. 16.
            It looks like Lincoln gets a 12th game as well. Their schedule shows them playing a full MIAA schedule and also taking on Kentucky State on Nov. 23 in St. Louis. I assume that if they were to somehow be in contention for a playoff berth they would need to make a decision as to whether or not they would play that game.

Comment

I think 11 regular season games is ideal with the one week break. I want to say we played 12 in like 2009 or 2010

Comment

https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/bylawView?id=8932

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
                  I think 11 regular season games is ideal with the one week break. I want to say we played 12 in like 2009 or 2010
                  That is the best method. They changed the rule to reduce the costs of housing the team before the dorms open and meal plans start, etc.

Comment

Not that I think it actually factors in to the decision, but it is hot as hell still. Better to wait a week and *hope* it cools down even a little bit.
                    Roll Chos!

Comment

Agreed Brandon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X