Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was pretty happy with the end result, but not the way they got there. I was pretty hard on Mlekus, but I wish him the best. I just think he's in way over his head. If Beck is just planning to write this season and next off in hopes that he is good enough as a senior then he should keep starting him.

I guess. I think offensive changes and a Sexton takeover are no brainers and feel that when it happens, Pitt will have wasted a bunch of games chasing Beck and Weimers veer glory days where sexton could have been learning to read blitzes, look off dbacks, run goal line situations, and mix it up.a little more. Instead, he's running 4 wide sets against 3 man fronts when he does come in.

Pitt d may end up being really good if they clean some stuff up. Wall is a beast, Sima is a superhero, and Minnifield is going to be very special too. Hardin is a rare talent at this level, lbs have some learning to do, but are improving.

Tonight, they had one wtf play on the long run, one big pass where the lb slipped, another big pass where Hardin played on a poorly thrown ball, had it bounce off both his hands and land in the arms of the Wr who had no chance at it without the tip.

Sexton made a couple throws tonight that not that many qb's can make. They really need to be building an offense around him and figuring out the best ways to incorporate the stable of good rbs. they have within that offense.

ESU notes- The one td Cowan threw was a thing of beauty. He stepped right into the teeth of that pressure and threw a gorgeous strike knowing he was gonna get creamed.....The roughing penalty against Sima was pure crap and 100% a product of Cowan's Oscar worthy flop.

ESU has nice speed, and Cowan probably has a better arm than anyone they have had for a while. They totally **** down the veer on D and the back end looked decent if a little slow in spots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      Was pretty happy with the end result, but not the way they got there. I was pretty hard on Mlekus, but I wish him the best. I just think he's in way over his head. If Beck is just planning to write this season and next off in hopes that he is good enough as a senior then he should keep starting him.

I guess. I think offensive changes and a Sexton takeover are no brainers and feel that when it happens, Pitt will have wasted a bunch of games chasing Beck and Weimers veer glory days where sexton could have been learning to read blitzes, look off dbacks, run goal line situations, and mix it up.a little more. Instead, he's running 4 wide sets against 3 man fronts when he does come in.

Pitt d may end up being really good if they clean some stuff up. Wall is a beast, Sima is a superhero, and Minnifield is going to be very special too. Hardin is a rare talent at this level, lbs have some learning to do, but are improving.

Tonight, they had one wtf play on the long run, one big pass where the lb slipped, another big pass where Hardin played on a poorly thrown ball, had it bounce off both his hands and land in the arms of the Wr who had no chance at it without the tip.

Sexton made a couple throws tonight that not that many qb's can make. They really need to be building an offense around him and figuring out the best ways to incorporate the stable of good rbs. they have within that offense.

ESU notes- The one td Cowan threw was a thing of beauty. He stepped right into the teeth of that pressure and threw a gorgeous strike knowing he was gonna get creamed.....The roughing penalty against Sima was pure crap and 100% a product of Cowan's Oscar worthy flop.

ESU has nice speed, and Cowan probably has a better arm than anyone they have had for a while. They totally **** down the veer on D and the back end looked decent if a little slow in spots.

Comment

• Comment

• I would love to see a breakdown of Pitt's offensive production in the veer vs. the spread. Looked like night and day to me. The veer needs to go like my household trash...to the landfill.

Comment

• Originally posted by gorillum View Post
            I would love to see a breakdown of Pitt's offensive production in the veer vs. the spread. Looked like night and day to me. The veer needs to go like my household trash...to the landfill.
            I would never intentionally stir sh*t up. But why is Pitt doing this at Qb. Are they worried kids will leave if they name the best QB the starting QB?

Comment

• Originally posted by PSR View Post

I guess by running the veer and the spread it makes teams dedicate part of the week to one style and the other part to the other, not letting them get a good weeks full of practice on one area of the offense

Comment

• Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

I would never intentionally stir sh*t up. But why is Pitt doing this at Qb. Are they worried kids will leave if they name the best QB the starting QB?
                I'm not one to defend this current staff but the only thing that makes sense is they are trying to cover deficiencies of each QB. Obviously, Mlekus just can not accurately throw a pass. He is worst than Dickey was when he was a sophomore and one hopping balls to receivers or throwing it a mile over their heads. Apparently Sexton isn't a good enough runner and/or he hasn't got this spread offense down to where he can read his progressions.

Those are my guesses?

Comment

• Even if you are talking deficiencies, Mlekus doesn't have nearly the upside as a runner that Sexton has as a passer. I mean he lacks the speed of a Dickey or Majors. He does have really nice feet and good general athletic ability. Then again, so do Salemea and Horack, but they aren't trying to turn them into college qb's.

Comment

Even if you are talking deficiencies, Mlekus doesn't have nearly the upside as a runner that Sexton has as a passer. I mean he lacks the speed of a Dickey or Majors. He does have really nice feet and good general athletic ability. Then again, so do Salemea and Horack, but they aren't trying to turn them into college qb's.
                    Oh I get it. I'm just trying to figure it out! (smh)

Comment

• Yeah I see what you are saying. And you are probably right. Maybe they are just trying to figure out the best way to get the Fr. Qb who is clearly the future on the field early.

Comment

• We were talking about the large number of play stoppages in the stands. I imagine a few were unofficial time outs. Teams have done it forever at all levels.

Comment

We were talking about the large number of play stoppages in the stands. I imagine a few were unofficial time outs. Teams have done it forever at all levels.

Comment

• Takeaways from last night
                            Mak Sexton should be the starting QB
                            The veer sucks ass
                            Emporia sucks ****
                            Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

• The veer is antiquated, but to be fair, it was run pretty poorly on Saturday.

The thing that worries me is that Pitt is going to get false confidence in the veer the next 2 weeks and not have to play Sexton at all. Then he will not have had the opportunity to improve before Arrowhead.

Comment

• Waiting for the play when theyslip Mak in as a split back, And Murder someone over the top.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X