Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract Restrictions Imposed on Head Coaches

I have no idea on this subject, but wanted to throw this out there for any of you who might be in the know. Simpy this, does anyone know if it's likely restrictions are imposed into a coach's contract that refrains him from taking any of his assistant coaches with him if he is hired by another school? Specifically. in this case, with NW coaches? Just wanted to spring this for my own curiosity. For example, back in 2010 when NW Head Coach Mel T had retired from the NW head coaching position, it wasn't too long afterwards that he became a finalist for the University of Texas-San Antonio Head Coach position. In fact, I remember enjoying the UT-San Antonio message boards. The babble was crazy fun as Mel's name initially got thrown into the early mix and then it grew crazy as he became a finalist. Loads of fun. Really loved some of the NW posters who jumped in and talked up Mel and then a couple videos of Mel barking from the sidelines. I remember alot of UTSA fans loving him, as well as the record he had compiled at NW. Of course, Larry Coker, former University of Miami coach was hired as the head coach for that UTSA program. Moving on. So just wondering, regardless of the fact Mel had already retired from the NW football program, was there anything in the contract he vacated with NW that would have restricted him from taking any of the NW coaches with him? And, if so, does anyone have any idea on when that restriction may have expired? Obviously, I'm thinking about his potential interest in taking his Defensive Coordinator Scot Bostwick, possibly even Assistant Coach Wright, but also certainly his Offensive Coordinator Adam Dorrel.

Moving on to scenario #2, when HC Adam Dorrel signed with ACU, does anyone happen to know if there was anything in Dorrel's contract that restricted him from taking anyone on his coaching staff with him to Texas? Obviously, present HC Richard Wright is at the forefront of my curiostiy, as he obviously would have been installed as Dorrel's defensive coordinator. And if that option wasn't available for Dorrel at the time, does that restriction expire in the near future?

Absolutely want to state I love having Coach Wright at the helm of Bearcat football.
    Last edited by ZubCat81; 09-08-2019, 08:10 AM.

No restrictions existed then or now.

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
      I have no idea on this subject, but wanted to throw this out there for any of you who might be in the know. Simpy this, does anyone know if it's likely restrictions are imposed into a coach's contract that refrains him from taking any of his assistant coaches with him if he is hired by another school? Specifically. in this case, with NW coaches? Just wanted to spring this for my own curiosity. For example, back in 2010 when NW Head Coach Mel T had retired from the NW head coaching position, it wasn't too long afterwards that he became a finalist for the University of Texas-San Antonio Head Coach position. In fact, I remember enjoying the UT-San Antonio message boards. The babble was crazy fun as Mel's name initially got thrown into the early mix and then it grew crazy as he became a finalist. Loads of fun. Really loved some of the NW posters who jumped in and talked up Mel and then a couple videos of Mel barking from the sidelines. I remember alot of UTSA fans loving him, as well as the record he had compiled at NW. Of course, Larry Coker, former University of Miami coach was hired as the head coach for that UTSA program. Moving on. So just wondering, regardless of the fact Mel had already retired from the NW football program, was there anything in the contract he vacated with NW that would have restricted him from taking any of the NW coaches with him? And, if so, does anyone have any idea on when that restriction may have expired? Obviously, I'm thinking about his potential interest in taking his Defensive Coordinator Scot Bostwick, possibly even Assistant Coach Wright, but also certainly his Offensive Coordinator Adam Dorrel.

Moving on to scenario #2, when HC Adam Dorrel signed with ACU, does anyone happen to know if there was anything in Dorrel's contract that restricted him from taking anyone on his coaching staff with him to Texas? Obviously, present HC Richard Wright is at the forefront of my curiostiy, as he obviously would have been installed as Dorrel's defensive coordinator. And if that option wasn't available for Dorrel at the time, does that restriction expire in the near future?

Absolutely want to state I love having Coach Wright at the helm of Bearcat football.

Comment

I agree. Pretty sure that wouldn't be enforceable.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X