X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

I drove past a couple thousand students dressed in red at several keg parties a couple blocks from Walton Stadium. I thought they would eventually make their way to the game, but they stayed at the beer parties. Certainly not something any of us would have done.....lol. In previous years the university would host a street festival before the opening Thursday night game to get the students out, especially the incoming freshmen. I arrived a little late, so I'm not sure if they had the street festival prior to the game or not. In years gone bye, those students would attend the festival and the game and UCM would have a big crowd. Ahhh, the allure of free beer and girls in tight shorts...
    I rarely attended a game in college. I had a friend who lived across the street. A bunch of us would drag the furniture and the keg out on the lawn and listen to the game.

Leave a comment:

• Kiss My Ass
    replied
    Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
    I was saddened by the size of the crowd last Thursday in the 'Burg. Beautiful night for a game. Hays brought a decent crowd but the plenty of seats all the way around. Maybe this will change if the Mules put together a couple more wins, especially on the road.
    I drove past a couple thousand students dressed in red at several keg parties a couple blocks from Walton Stadium. I thought they would eventually make their way to the game, but they stayed at the beer parties. Certainly not something any of us would have done.....lol. In previous years the university would host a street festival before the opening Thursday night game to get the students out, especially the incoming freshmen. I arrived a little late, so I'm not sure if they had the street festival prior to the game or not. In years gone bye, those students would attend the festival and the game and UCM would have a big crowd. Ahhh, the allure of free beer and girls in tight shorts...

Leave a comment:

• Gorilla John 92
    replied
    I was saddened by the size of the crowd last Thursday in the 'Burg. Beautiful night for a game. Hays brought a decent crowd but the plenty of seats all the way around. Maybe this will change if the Mules put together a couple more wins, especially on the road.

Leave a comment:

• sportsvine
    replied
    Interesting numbers...I'll refer to this thread every time I want to see discussion on MIAA attendance. MIAA as a whole has pretty solid attendance numbers, it seems, with perhaps only the LSC a better attendance draw, as a whole conference. But the over all week 1 attendance winner looks like it is Grand Valley with over 14,000.

Leave a comment:

• Jayhawk Juco Guy
    started a topic 2019 MIAA Attendance

2019 MIAA Attendance

Week One Attendance Figures
    Home Team Visiting Team Attendance
    Missouri Western Northwest Missouri 8883
    Central Missouri Fort Hays State 7896
    Washburn Lincoln 6291
    Missouri Southern Nebraska-Kearney 5745
    Emporia State Northeastern State 4861
    Central Oklahoma Pittsburg State 4782