Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game day travel Northwest and Highway 71

Fans that usually travel highway 71 might need to reroute their travel plans Saturday. Just saw that highway 71 is closed between the BJ intersection and business 71 at Maryville due to oil coming up and ruining tires This stretch was recently resurfaced. Drivers are looking at detours on Saturday.

Anyone in the know, please keep us informed on what is happening with the highway.
    Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Originally posted by voicefromthestands View Post
    Fans that usually travel highway 71 might need to reroute their travel plans Saturday. Just saw that highway 71 is closed between the BJ intersection and business 71 at Maryville due to oil coming up and ruining tires This stretch was recently resurfaced. Drivers are looking at detours on Saturday.

Anyone in the know, please keep us informed on what is happening with the highway.
    MoDot website doesn't show this closed. I'm curious now as I took this road a couple days ago to get to Maryville. There was a delay as they were doing that oil cover and then red dust stuff on top of it and it was one lane for a bit.

Comment

It was on facebook. That's why I posted. People posting that the Highway Patrol had closed the road due to excessive amount of tar and oil coming up and ruining tires. Mentioned that this company had had problems with this on a job around Albany. I figured that this was a good place to get to the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post

MoDot website doesn't show this closed. I'm curious now as I took this road a couple days ago to get to Maryville. There was a delay as they were doing that oil cover and then red dust stuff on top of it and it was one lane for a bit.

Comment

There was an article in the Northwest Missourian stating that they had closed the Highway, due to the resurfacing debacle.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/18360641667...292220?sfns=mo

Comment

That was the post I read. Thanks

Comment

Holy Smokes, I count my blessings, I was curious and looked it up on facebook. That is crazy! There are some people who will be getting some new tires from modot it appears!

Comment

Yep, happened east of Albany just before Labor Day weekend. I travelled it a few days later, though, and all was fine. I would suspect the same here. But yeah, there were actually some cars that got totaled out by their insurance company because there was so much damage to the tires, wheels, undercarriage, etc.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I saw a car a couple weeks ago that had hit the spot by Albany. At LEAST a quarter inch of tar completely covering the tires.

Whatever this stuff they are using is a terrible product...at least up here.

Comment

I got the "I don't want tar on my car blues." Highway '71' Revisited, with apologies to Dylan. Oh well there is highway 46.

Comment

Road is open. I took it to the game today. I don't get what the chip and seal actually does. They did it down mainstreet Rock Port as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X