Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

I think they're pretty dang good with a healthy Bolles, but I also wouldn't read much into a 70-7 drubbing of NSU. They played a HS team last night so I say wait a few more weeks before getting out the anointing oil.
    Nobody in Mules Nation read anything extra into the lopsided win over NSU. We all knew ahead of time what was going to happen against NSU. It was 56-7 at the half and the 2nd and 3rd stringers played the rest of the game. Nobody likes winning 70-7 and we all feel for the NSU players and coaches as they try to turn their program around. The Mules better get their minds right and refocused on the tough game next week in St. Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

For the most part the preseason polling is based off of previous seasons reputation. Coaches may have an idea, but even coaches don't know until they get into it in camp and a few weeks in. Teams don't scout each other in depth until the week before.
      I know, I was just trying to goose you a little bit.

Comment

I was ready to move up to the front row of the bandwagon until the fourth quarter. Then when I thought field goal time runs out. Poor clock management and where did the defense go. So far so good.

Comment

Mules let off the gas both on both sides of the ball and Mo West never quit. This game is funny sometimes, Wazzou still had chance in the end last night despite 6 turnovers. Wyoming beating 'Ol Mizzou. Bolles is the difference and the best qb in the conference. If the Mules can play some defense, even with the injuries at wide out, the Mules are going to be a tough out.

Comment

Offense is terrifying. Speed everywhere. Defense will eventually pay for gambling with all the gadget blitzes. Fun team to watch.

Comment

Couple of things about last weekend:

- I think the defense was gassed in the fourth quarter in St Joe. They spent A LOT of time on the field starting late in the third. That's the flip side to 80-yard drives that take like 46 seconds.

- Svoboda is a mad scientist. I'm now convinced that this offense is good for 550 yards each game unless you are completely certain that the opposing defense just has better dudes, particularly in the defensive line. Can't wait for them to play NW and Pitt.

- To answer the original question, it's both. The Mules are averaging 600+ yards per game and the defense has looked much better for all but one quarter this year. BUT while Missouri Western and Fort Hays seem like strong early season wins, the Mules haven't beaten a team with a winning record yet. And they got to pad the stats some against an overmatched Northeastern State team in Week 2. So yes, I think they are better than we projected them to be. But that is also due in part to the fact that Hays is worse than we all thought and they got to beat up on the Riverhawks early on.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X