Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did I miss?

Maybe it's been addressed already and I didn't see it, but how does Lincoln have 12 games this year?

The 12th game is an "HBCU Classic" game against KY State in St Louis. I believe "HBCU Classic" games can qualify for a scheduling exemption from the NCAA,

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
      The 12th game is an "HBCU Classic" game against KY State in St Louis. I believe "HBCU Classic" games can qualify for a scheduling exemption from the NCAA,
      Does it still count as a match up for seeding?

Comment

They liked losing so much they wanted to do it more often?

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Considering that it takes place the same time as the first round playoff games, I'm guessing it means they have foregone eligibility for the POs and it was have no bearing on seeding for anyone else. Everyone should think of it as a pre-season-arranged MWB.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

Considering that it takes place the same time as the first round playoff games, I'm guessing it means they have foregone eligibility for the POs and it was have no bearing on seeding for anyone else. Everyone should think of it as a pre-season-arranged MWB.
            I just love that we have a program in our conference that has no intention of being a playoff contender.

Comment

I just love that we have a program in our conference that has no intention of being a playoff contender.
              Tuskegee did these games in Lieu of the playoffs for a long time. Some of those years, they would have been legit contenders, too. The money from some of these games can carrya small program for the upcoming year. Not sure if that's the case with Lincoln's guaranteed game or not..

Comment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey_Day_Classic

That's the bowl game that they opted out of PO's for until 2013.

Comment

Lincoln is a huge proponent of non-conference games in the MIAA so they can play in these HBCU Classic games, I assume for the money.

Comment

Lincoln is a huge proponent of non-conference games in the MIAA so they can play in these HBCU Classic games, I assume for the money.
                    I like that
                    Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Now if we could just get them to play 12 OOC games each year...

Comment

Since the 12th game is on the same Saturday as the first round of the DII playoffs, I doubt that it does.

Comment

Interesting quirk of the schedule, while it's Lincoln 12th game - it's only Kentucky State 10th game

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X