• Show
Clear All

• MOSO - New coach, JUCO/transfers

Those that have seen MOSO play this year what are thoughts on MOSO:
    - Coach staff?
    - Team/players?
    - JUCO/transfers?
    - etc.

We have them this week but am just curious what this team looks like from a guy who has been at a Juco and brought lots of transfers in, if I remember correctly a large team. I watched the media day and it was interesting to listen to MoSo's portion.

New attitude. Last year the team had no real faith that they had a chance to win. This year that's flipped on it's head. The talent is substantially better Jacob Park is an exciting QB, West is a potential game breaker at RB, the receivers are getting better each week... Defensively, they've struggled against the run. But they do have a much better pass rush and secondary than they have in a few years.

I would say Hays is a favorite in this game but it won't be a cake walk like it has been in recent history.

Comment

MoSo is much better than in last several years. Their crowd at the NW game looked larger than in the past too

Comment

I think it was Devin who pointed this out in his power rankings/weekly recap, but the most effective one line explanation of the turnaround: Through three weeks, they've scored 99 points. Last year they scored 81 on the season.

Defensive improvement isn't as marked, but is still there.

I actually think MoSo falls into a tier that the conference didn't have last year, but is actually prevalent in other conferences: not a doormat, but not really a good team yet. Maybe 2016 Lindenwood or 2017 MW are the best recent MIAA comps for them. Usually these teams move out of that tier, up or down, in pretty short order.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
          I think it was Devin who pointed this out in his power rankings/weekly recap, but the most effective one line explanation of the turnaround: Through three weeks, they've scored 99 points. Last year they scored 81 on the season.

I actually think MoSo falls into a tier that the conference didn't have last year, but is actually prevalent in other conferences: not a doormat, but not really a good team yet. Maybe 2016 Lindenwood or 2017 MW are the best recent MIAA comps for them. Usually these teams move out of that tier, up or down, in pretty short order.
          Seemed like Truman fell in that tier in a lot of the later MIAA seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

Bingo. MoSo is actually watchable this year because they can score.

Comment

Yeah from what I have watched, they have improved the talent a ton. They still lack depth and cohesiveness, but have improved a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Yeah from what I have watched, they have improved the talent a ton. They still lack depth and cohesiveness, but have improved a lot.
                and will continue to get better as the year goes on. They could be a tough out in the last game if playoff hopes are on the line.

Comment

WAY BETTER! ALL THE WAY AROUND. They are kind of a band of Renegades now but they have some dudes. They will only get better and will pop a couple of people before the year ends. Can you sustain a program with the model they are going to use?? I'm not sure, but they are much better than the dumpster fire they were before.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

and will continue to get better as the year goes on. They could be a tough out in the last game if playoff hopes are on the line.

Comment

Positive comments on here about Southern are encouraging and accurate IMO. However, it seems we are taking a huge step backwards tonight. Down 34-0 early in the third. Four interceptions and basically no offense.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                        Positive comments on here about Southern are encouraging and accurate IMO. However, it seems we are taking a huge step backwards tonight. Down 34-0 early in the third. Four interceptions and basically no offense.
                        Yeah, Park is trying to do too much at times... Hats off to Fort Hays State D tonight, they came to play.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X