Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fhsu @ uindy

Someone had to start this thread. Hopefully alot of tiger fans make the trip, them boys/men are gonna need it. And to be in the playoffs again, on the road - Maybe, just Maybe

Re: Fhsu @ uindy

Originally posted by Peyton21dad View Post
    Someone had to start this thread. Hopefully alot of tiger fans make the trip, them boys/men are gonna need it. And to be in the playoffs again, on the road - Maybe, just Maybe
    Better be careful calling them boys, Hookum will take offense.

Comment

Well they are certainly confident. They have details of their second round game posted on their website.

We definitely have the defense to take this..........really going to depend on the offense.

Personally I think the team and the coaching staff learned a lot from the enema Ferris gave us last year

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
        Hookem takes offense to the sun rising over Maryville before Hays.......not much hope for that boy.

Comment

UIndy has two really solid RBs and a QB that has the ability to throw the football. They're deep, and they have a lot of veterans who have been to the playoffs 2-3 times now.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGlen View Post
            Hookem takes offense to the sun rising over Maryville before Hays.......not much hope for that boy.
            :smile-big::good:

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
              UIndy has two really solid RBs and a QB that has the ability to throw the football. They're deep, and they have a lot of veterans who have been to the playoffs 2-3 times now.
              It is interesting on the tipping thread for the first round play offs Hays seems to be more favored at the moment.

Comment

Well they are certainly confident. They have details of their second round game posted on their website.
                I don't know that it is confidence, it's just putting the dates for each round of the post season on their schedule. They have filled in the second round opponent because they know who it is if they win. Many teams do this when they post the schedule. Hays has done it for basketball. The basketball schedule has the dates for the MIAA tournament, the Central Regional and the Elite Eight.

Comment

This is new ground for alot of them, including the coaches. Practices and routines....u think they are trying to maintain normality? Or does Brown think back to when he played and how those weeks were handled. I honestly believe in him and this team to RISE up and do something this year. Maybe not win it all, but to at least make it to the 3rd round. Personal opinion of course. I see the fire but I also see the nerves.

Comment

This is new ground for alot of them, including the coaches. Practices and routines....u think they are trying to maintain normality? Or does Brown think back to when he played and how those weeks were handled. I honestly believe in him and this team to RISE up and do something this year. Maybe not win it all, but to at least make it to the 3rd round. Personal opinion of course. I see the fire but I also see the nerves.
                    After last years game, coach Brown openly admitted the team was under prepared. And the way they played against Ferris it really didn't feel like they had a cohesive plan to execute. So as a program I am sure they learned an awful lot from what happened last year.

But regardless of what happens I am very proud of the team going back to back in the playoffs and being repeat MIAA champions. It was only a few short years ago we thought going to the Mineral Bowl was the greatest thing to have happened in living memory.

Comment

It is interesting on the tipping thread for the first round play offs Hays seems to be more favored at the moment.
                      I think the closest comparison FHSU played this year was Pitt (so that could be a good thing). Indy runs 2/3rd of the time versus 1/3rd passing plays; very similar to Pitt style. Adkins and Horak at Pitt put up similar type numbers as UIndy two backs. Although Purichia is a much more polished and accurate QB than Rodrique was/is.

The one big thing offensively UIndy does different than any team FHSU faced in the MIAA is very slow ball control style. They average just 60 plays a game and only 1 game had over 70 plays per game, versus S&T who arguably was the 2nd best team they faced. There is a handful of games UIndy didn't even attempt 10 passes the whole game. Contrast that style to every team in the MIAA averaged over 70 plays a game, FHSU themselves 74 per game. So this game might come down to which team can do their preferred approach best.

If UIndy controls the ball like they want, plodding along then FHSU will have to make the most of each of their possessions. If FHSU can get out to a quick two score lead, then they could force UIndy to speed up and get them uncomfortable.

Comment

Brown radio show - said he was glad to play without the bye and would treat the week like all others during the season (other than players had to put in 20 hours of film instead of the mandatory 6). Said travel would actually be shorter than a couple of their road trips this year so wouldn't change the routine here either other than it's a flight out of Salina instead of a full bus trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                          Point fingers at a minority= the bearcat way.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                            I think the closest comparison FHSU played this year was Pitt (so that could be a good thing). Indy runs 2/3rd of the time versus 1/3rd passing plays; very similar to Pitt style. Adkins and Horak at Pitt put up similar type numbers as UIndy two backs. Although Purichia is a much more polished and accurate QB than Rodrique was/is.

The one big thing offensively UIndy does different than any team FHSU faced in the MIAA is very slow ball control style. They average just 60 plays a game and only 1 game had over 70 plays per game, versus S&T who arguably was the 2nd best team they faced. There is a handful of games UIndy didn't even attempt 10 passes the whole game. Contrast that style to every team in the MIAA averaged over 70 plays a game, FHSU themselves 74 per game. So this game might come down to which team can do their preferred approach best.

If UIndy controls the ball like they want, plodding along then FHSU will have to make the most of each of their possessions. If FHSU can get out to a quick two score lead, then they could force UIndy to speed up and get them uncomfortable.
                            U Indy with an old school conservative coach. Folks around here (coaching colleagues) love the guy from Illinois to Ohio to Michigan MAC schools. Heard him call his overall approach "vanilla". They will run first and have a back they like to pound it with - Al McKeller. But they can also go fast with burners - WR Malik Higgins / WR Davon Bell / RB Toriano Clinton. Physical guys that make a difference for them are OLs Skylar Lacy / OL Clayton Hadley / WR Rayan Topper. QB Jake Purichia is a senior playmaker and can do a lot of different things really well. Weakness is the young line and improving DBs. Defensive game plan is also major conservative. Don't gamble much at all or even mix it up. Bend a lot thinking they won't break. Funny thing is it leaves the opponent OCs with nothing much to exploit. But gives you the whole game to figure out how to exploit the same 4-3 scheme. Without checking I'd say they give up points early and late. Defensive studs are on the DL. LBs don't make many mistakes and two that play sideline to sideline. I'd say their depth is the issue as always for D2 privates.

Comment

Hays will win Big!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X