Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-MIAA

Congrats to Braxton Marstall on earning MIAA Offensive Player of the Year.

http://themiaa.com/news/2018/11/13/2...announced.aspx

Re: All-MIAA

Grand Valley landed 10 on first team GLIAC and 20 overall

fun battles to watch in the playoffs - NW Mo DL (Eskew, Roberts) vs GVSU OL (Wailing, Culberson) - and arguably the flip side NW OL vs GVSU DL
    hopefully get to see NW DB Lane vs GVSU WR Dodson

Comment

Kinda weird to not see a NW LB on the first team. Trying to remember the last time that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
        Kinda weird to not see a NW LB on the first team. Trying to remember the last time that happened.
        2008. LB - Jared Brawner, Missouri Southern, Jr.; Jeff Souder, Nebraska-Omaha, Sr.; +Zach Watkins, Washburn, Jr.

Northwest placed 3 on HM - Horn, Vondrak, Urum-Eke

My guess would've been 2001 or 2004.
        Go Hounds!
        B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
        Cyclone Power
        ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

grats to those central boys! especially the lineman :laugh:

Comment

Congrats to everyone who received honors!

Comment

Congrats to all who were selected! Three years in a row a FHSU defender wins the award for DPOY.

Comment

Congrats to Braden on his FOY Award!

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                  Congrats to Braden on his FOY Award!
                  Pretty comparable numbers with Cade Brister. I imagine the team results were the tipping point. Either way, both teams look pretty good for the next few years at the QB position.

PASSING (Min Att/GP of 15) COMP ATT INT PCT YDS TD LONG AVG/G EFFIC
                  Brister,Cade (LWU) 227 397 8 57.2 2433 21 43 221.2 122.1
                  Wright,Braden (NWMSU) 177 317 5 55.8 2235 20 80 203.2 132.7

RUSHING ATT YDS AVG TD LONG AVG/G
                  Brister,Cade (LWU) 191 549 2.9 6 38 49.9
                  Wright,Braden (NWMSU) 105 496 4.7 11 48 45.1
                  Cool Story Bro

Comment

Congrats to Zack Flott 74 and Tanner Owen 75 (AD's old jersey #) on All MIAA honors!

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                      Grand Valley landed 10 on first team GLIAC and 20 overall

fun battles to watch in the playoffs - NW Mo DL (Eskew, Roberts) vs GVSU OL (Wailing, Culberson) - and arguably the flip side NW OL vs GVSU DL
                      hopefully get to see NW DB Lane vs GVSU WR Dodson
                      Yeah, that is not good for NW. GV should go after Lane in coverage repeatedly. Put your best WR in the slot which NW will cover with a LB or a S. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

How in the hell did Lane get this honor? Maybe it was a thank you gift from the rest of the league. When he wasn't perpetually getting torched he was getting 15 yd PIs. His own coach had him change positions in the first half of the year because of his struggles in pass coverage (and I have to assume how poor the S play was as well). He is still living off of his rep preinjury which was good.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                        Congrats to everyone who received honors!
                        I know that Delgado's name was continuously called at the NW game. I could have swore that Fart Hayes had 11 of him...:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                          Pretty comparable numbers with Cade Brister. I imagine the team results were the tipping point. Either way, both teams look pretty good for the next few years at the QB position.

PASSING (Min Att/GP of 15) COMP ATT INT PCT YDS TD LONG AVG/G EFFIC
                          Brister,Cade (LWU) 227 397 8 57.2 2433 21 43 221.2 122.1
                          Wright,Braden (NWMSU) 177 317 5 55.8 2235 20 80 203.2 132.7

RUSHING ATT YDS AVG TD LONG AVG/G
                          Brister,Cade (LWU) 191 549 2.9 6 38 49.9
                          Wright,Braden (NWMSU) 105 496 4.7 11 48 45.1
                          I was talking to some people yesterday about the numbers for Wright (and I agree Brister is very similar). First, for red-shirt freshman, these are fantastic numbers. I think both teams have a lot going for them at QB.

For them to be "elite" though they have to get completion pct up to 62-65%. Of course, lots of variables in that (communication, drops, knowledge that comes with experience, learning the speed of the game, etc). However both were fantastic and their ability to run is a game changer for their teams. I have no doubt they will only get better and when they do, the MIAA is going to be tough. Not to mention that gutty young guy from Hays that was a RS Fr. I don't know his full skill set, but his poise in the NW game was impressive and he was willing to run. How old is the UCO backup kid from Wyoming that played vs. NW. He's got some talent as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                            I know that Delgado's name was continuously called at the NW game. I could have swore that Fart Hayes had 11 of him...:laugh:
                            Seems like it was a toss up for DPOY between him and Eskew. Also FOY between Brister and Wright

Comment

The First team back for Pitt is the one Weimers wouldn't give the ball to until about game 8.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X