X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Official! SAU vs Missouri Western in the Live United Bowl-Texarkana Tx

It's Official! Any thoughts?

Re: It's Official! SAU vs Missouri Western in the Live United Bowl-Texarkan

I'm really interested to see how MW does with non-MIAA refs. By the third week of the season, the refs seemed to have decided to be on the lookout for any and all penalties against MW and by the midway point of the year, it was clearly in the Griffs' heads. Have to think MW left at least a win or two on the table due to penalties this year. If you try to get into the indirect and induced effects of the penalties, you could argue it's even more.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
      I'm really interested to see how MW does with non-MIAA refs. By the third week of the season, the refs seemed to have decided to be on the lookout for any and all penalties against MW and by the midway point of the year, it was clearly in the Griffs' heads. Have to think MW left at least a win or two on the table due to penalties this year. If you try to get into the indirect and induced effects of the penalties, you could argue it's even more.
      So your saying Missouri Western had the refs going against them?

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
        So your saying Missouri Western had the refs going against them?
        Yeah. And I'm saying that as a fan of a team who clearly benefited from it. It was bizarre to watch.

Comment

Yeah. And I'm saying that as a fan of a team who clearly benefited from it. It was bizarre to watch.
          I noticed the flags as well this past week. But the ones I saw get called seemed like legit ones (for what I can remember). The definitely helped LU win that game. Kinda offset the 3 turnovers.
          Cool Story Bro

Comment

Curious to see how SAU reacts to play in this game. They thought they were going to the playoffs before UAM, and now they are disappointed/possibly not taking this game as serious as they should? It sure will be a home game for them, and I am sure that their will be 2 or 3 fans for every Missouri Western fan. I know Missouri Western probably has higher drive for the game. Hope coach Keppole get's those boys in line!

Comment

it certainly wasnt that way against us.....they average 97 a game....they had 30 ish against us at home...

Comment

Curious to see how SAU reacts to play in this game. They thought they were going to the playoffs before UAM, and now they are disappointed/possibly not taking this game as serious as they should? It sure will be a home game for them, and I am sure that their will be 2 or 3 fans for every Missouri Western fan. I know Missouri Western probably has higher drive for the game. Hope coach Keppole get's those boys in line!
                i would say true statement in d1. in d2, i would think playing past the middle of november would motivate any team since 90% of the d2 is sitting on the couch.

Comment

Earlier in the year it was painfully obvious that the flags were legit. I can't say I saw too many that I thought were bad. Maybe some of the holds that were crucial at times but those are subjective anyway or PI calls.

Comment

I think it's pretty ridiculous that MWSU lucked into this bowl. I'll take it but bowl games are already a constellation prize this one feels even more so.

Comment

Originally posted by southside View Post
                      I think it's pretty ridiculous that MWSU lucked into this bowl. I'll take it but bowl games are already a constellation prize this one feels even more so.
                      Consolation prize? Anyway, congrats to MW. Upward trending, maybe.
                      Go Hounds!
                      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                      Cyclone Power
                      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Any thoughts?
                        Puts Coach Beck of Pitt officially on the hot seat (Pitt fans would say he's already there) for next season; and likely Schurig at Washburn as well

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                          Consolation prize? Anyway, congrats to MW. Upward trending, maybe.
                          lol I noticed that but decided to leave it. Maybe I'm getting too old for this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by southside View Post
                            lol I noticed that but decided to leave it. Maybe I'm getting too old for this stuff.
                            No. You're finally mature enough not to care! Everyone knows what you meant.

Comment

https://youtu.be/F3Dihs-96ck

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X