Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
    If you're an MIAA observer, this is a good week to catch up on the chores you've been putting off during the first month of the season. UCO-FH in the loser leaves town (for this season) match is the only game of note.

The next three weekend after this are full of good games, so use this weekend to build some capital with your significant other for the rest of the month.

For the current top 3 (UCM, Pitt, NW) all hell could and probably will break loose for weeks 6 thru 10. Other good teams will be looking to play the spoiler. It should be exciting right down to the end.

Comment

Pitt could have anywhere between 1 and 5 losses in weeks 6 to 10.

Comment

Assuming the current top 3 win this week, here's how it sets up for weeks 6 -10:

UCM - UCO (H) - ESU (A) - PITT (H) - UNK (A) - Lincoln (H) - NW (A)

PITT - NW (KC) - FH (H) - UCM (A) - MW (H) - Washburn (A) - MoSouth (H)

NW - PITT (KC) - UNK (A) - Lincoln (H) - NES (H) - FH (A) - UCM (H)

So, who has the HARDEST schedule down the stretch: (IMO) - (!) PITT -- (2) UCM -- (3) NW
        Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 10-01-2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Current records of teams that the top 3 have left to play has UCM and PSU tied with records of 14-10, with NW at 12-12. Guess you could say that PSU and UCM have the toughest road.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            Only one, maybe 2 games that I think aren't going to be complete wastes of time this week.

Maybe Hays/UCO and MW/WU.

Although I think that MW d line might actually maim Schurig if he plays qb.
            Those two games I have as essentially coin flips. I think that UCO and MW should win - but I wouldn't be surprised if either or both lose.
            Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

NW has 3 tough games left.
              UCM has 2 tough games left.

Both have UNK and 1 other middle of the roader who could bite them. Both have 2 easy wins left.

Pitt has 5 tough games. They also have 1 game that should be easy left.

Yes I consider UCO a middle of the roader, Had pitt not turned it over 5 times, 4 of them unforced, that wouldn't have been a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                Assuming the current top 3 win this week, here's how it sets up for weeks 6 -10:

UCM - UCO (H) - ESU (A) - PITT (H) - UNK (A) - Lincoln (H) - NW (A)

PITT - NW (KC) - FH (H) - UCM (A) - MW (H) - Washburn (A) - MoSouth (H)

NW - PITT (KC) - UNK (A) - Lincoln (H) - NES (H) - FH (A) - UCM (H)

So, who has the HARDEST schedule down the stretch: (IMO) - (!) PITT -- (2) UCM -- (3) NW
                I think Pitt State has the toughest by a mile and UCM is also definitely tougher than NW. But it really says more about my opinion of MW, who I think is a class above the UCOs,FHs and UNKs of the world. Also, having MoSo as our easiest opponent is definitely scarier than Lincoln or NS.

Comment

I think Pitt State has the toughest by a mile and UCM is also definitely tougher than NW. But it really says more about my opinion of MW, who I think is a class above the UCOs,FHs and UNKs of the world. Also, having MoSo as our easiest opponent is definitely scarier than Lincoln or NS.
                  MoSo definitely has the most talent on the team of any team in the MIAA. But there is that whole playing as a team, not to mention the coaching which is their downfall.

Comment

UCM and NW already beat MW.

I think Hays is figuring it out.

I'm not sure UCM has played a good running team yet. Will be interesting to see how they do against Pitt, NW, UNK.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post

MoSo definitely has the most talent on the team of any team in the MIAA. But there is that whole playing as a team, not to mention the coaching which is their downfall.
                      Do you really believe this? Of any team?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I'm not sure UCM has played a good running team yet. Will be interesting to see how they do against Pitt, NW, UNK.
                        MWSU is averaging 5.0 yards per carry, better than Pitt and UNK, is only 10 yards behind Pitt in total rush per game, and has three running backs in the top 16. I think they qualify as a good running team, and they had decent success against the Mules - 35-168 (that includes 4 sacks).

Comment

Do you really believe this? Of any team?
                          On the offensive side of the ball - most definitely. They have the most talented individuals by far - doesn't mean that all those individuals work together as a team. Every coach teaches that hard work beats talent. It's true. You can have the most talented group of guys, but if they aren't putting it all to work together, the other TEAM is going to beat them.
                          Last edited by BearcatDude; 10-02-2019, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I think maybe people are giving Southern a little too much credit because they played NW closer than everyone thought. They have some skill position talent, but up front, where it counts, I'm not sure how much talent they have.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

MWSU is averaging 5.0 yards per carry, better than Pitt and UNK, is only 10 yards behind Pitt in total rush per game, and has three running backs in the top 16. I think they qualify as a good running team, and they had decent success against the Mules - 35-168 (that includes 4 sacks).
                              I stand corrected.

Comment

Just glanced at ESU schedule, and they could very well finish the season with 3-4 wins in total.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X