Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea if Pitt is good or not. UCO and ESU seemed really down or Maybe Pitt got them before they figured things out. UNK had a pretty good defense, but their playmakers were out at WR, so they were even more one dimensional than usual. NSU was just plain bad.

It'll be fun figuring out where they are over the next few weeks. Once they get past Lincoln.

Comment

Central has been in a couple of dog fights this year. I feel like it's easier to judge where they are at.

Comment

Aside from the fumbling contest at UCO, Pitt hasn't played down to their competition like they tended to do the last couple of seasons. Not sure if that means anything, though.

Comment

MW gave NW a game and Southern gave them a wake-up call. I think we know a little about them at least.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post

On the offensive side of the ball - most definitely. They have the most talented individuals by far - doesn't mean that all those individuals work together as a team. Every coach teaches that hard work beats talent. It's true. You can have the most talented group of guys, but if they aren't putting it all to work together, the other TEAM is going to beat them.
            I remember when Abilene Christian came to Maryville in the playoffs with a crazy good offense: a QB with great stats, Bernard Scott at RB, and Johnny Knox at WR. Despite being over matched talent wise, NW won.

Comment

Hays is fighting like a cornered dog, but I am a little worried that this is the week when UCO does their transition from Absolute Turd to world beater like they have the last 2 or 3 seasons. THis could be a good game or a beating by Hays???

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post

On the offensive side of the ball - most definitely. They have the most talented individuals by far - doesn't mean that all those individuals work together as a team. Every coach teaches that hard work beats talent. It's true. You can have the most talented group of guys, but if they aren't putting it all to work together, the other TEAM is going to beat them.
                They're 10th in the conference in scoring, 12th in rushing; they are second in passing but mostly because they throw almost 50 times a game - their completion percentage is the worst in the conference at 46.1 percent. I haven't seen them play, so you may be completely correct that they're the most talented team in the conference, but color me skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

I remember when Abilene Christian came to Maryville in the playoffs with a crazy good offense: a QB with great stats, Bernard Scott at RB, and Johnny Knox at WR. Despite being over matched talent wise, NW won.
                  It helped that they had no defense.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

They're 10th in the conference in scoring, 12th in rushing; they are second in passing but mostly because they throw almost 50 times a game - their completion percentage is the worst in the conference at 46.1 percent. I haven't seen them play, so you may be completely correct that they're the most talented team in the conference, but color me skeptical.
                    They have some great athletes and "talent" that at one point, was D1. But I'm with you.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X