Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

He meant a committee to make rules not determine participants.

For instance, there is a Big 10 rule that if two teams are tied, the one that has had the longest Rose Bowl drought gets to go. That's what Randy was meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

He meant a committee to make rules not determine participants.

For instance, there is a Big 10 rule that if two teams are tied, the one that has had the longest Rose Bowl drought gets to go. That's what Randy was meaning.

Comment

I think some are reading too much into what I'm trying to do here. I'm not trying to create a "conference championship game" every season. I'm trying to set up a method where we will get one if needed, the best 2 two teams are in separate divisions and they haven't already played this season.

The pod system suggested above says each team will play 9 of the other 11 teams each season will all 9 being predetermined before the season starts. I'm suggesting a system where each team will play 9 of the other 11 teams but only predetermining 8 of the 9. The 9th opponent will be determined base on results of the previous 8.

The committee would have 2 lists, the east ranked 1-6 and the west ranked 1-6 (the rankings would be the conference standings with predetermined tiebreakers). They would look at the top team in the east and look at the 3 teams they have not played from the west. The top ranked of those 3 west teams would be their week 11 opponent. They would then work their way down the rest of the 2 lists. The result should be that top teams from the east will have a top opponent from the west, and lower teams a lower opponent.

I'm opposed to, as frequently happens in D1 conference championship games, giving someone a second chance at the top team. This is D2, if the loser of that first matchup is really that good, they likely get a second chance in the playoffs and I don't want 2 teams to play 3 times.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X