Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week 12 Blog is up

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
    Ok, I read the blog. Other than emotion (which is fair for any pick) What pushed you to predicting the NW win? Truly, I don't know myself.. though I've not seen NW play this season. Plus, I am admittedly biased.:wink: I like hearing what "those in the know" think of this contest." But, after reading your blog, I'm left scratching my head a bit as to your conclusion. Looks like you're saying that if NW plays it's best and GV doesn't NW wins.... tell me more. That comment is true for many a game.:confused:
    I don't want to speak for Ian (but I guess that's what I'm, more or less, about to do), but it seems as though the prediction is couched in terms of getting a median GV performance and then saying that NW's good offensive performances (Pitt, UCM) probably beat that median GV performance and the bad NW offense (UCO, FH) probably lose to that GV performance. He then essentially predicts that the better version of the NW offense will show up because they have on higher profile road games this season.

It does make sense for an MIAA blog to couch it in terms of the MIAA team performance and the GLIAC blog would go the other way--maybe they say something to the effect of, "GV is almost certainly the better team, but NW is good enough to win if GV doesn't show up or makes a few catastrophic mistakes."

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
      I don't want to speak for Ian (but I guess that's what I'm, more or less, about to do), but it seems as though the prediction is couched in terms of getting a median GV performance and then saying that NW's good offensive performances (Pitt, UCM) probably beat that median GV performance and the bad NW offense (UCO, FH) probably lose to that GV performance. He then essentially predicts that the better version of the NW offense will show up because they have on higher profile road games this season.

It does make sense for an MIAA blog to couch it in terms of the MIAA team performance and the GLIAC blog would go the other way--maybe they say something to the effect of, "GV is almost certainly the better team, but NW is good enough to win if GV doesn't show up or makes a few catastrophic mistakes."
      Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by OICU812 View Post
        Wow. Thanks for that prophetic insight Nostradamus.

Only time will tell.

Comment

Boyce's MIAA beat this week is about NW coach Joel Osborn and his role in 15 straight play off appearances. You have to just keep plugging away!

http://www.themiaa.com/news/2018/11/...el-osborn.aspx

Way to go Joel!

Comment

Comment

No doubt... gets me a bit nervous.

Comment

As we used to say in the late 80's and early 90's for the Bearcats is
                "There is always next year". Just think, you have Beck next year as well. :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

this is what I think as well - IF GV plays its game on both sides of the ball I think they win, if they don't or somehow give up a few huge plays, they lose in a close one to a fired up NWMS team coming into our house for the playoffs - I don't like this first round match-up against a team like NWMS because they are not your typical 6th seed - I guess we will all see in a few hours

Comment

Our Defense will give up a couple of big plays early, yet if they adjust, and they usually do, they should give the offense a chance to stay with in striking distance. Bearcats do play well on the road and will have a core base of 200 to 300 fans to cheer them on! Tough match up for the first round!

Comment

It's a different world with a red-shirt who has not been in this situation before. Playoffs are a different animal. We shall see how he handles the situation today. Good luck to both teams, looking forward to a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                        It's a different world with a red-shirt who has not been in this situation before. Playoffs are a different animal. We shall see how he handles the situation today. Good luck to both teams, looking forward to a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
                          this is what I think as well - IF GV plays its game on both sides of the ball I think they win, if they don't or somehow give up a few huge plays, they lose in a close one to a fired up NWMS team coming into our house for the playoffs - I don't like this first round match-up against a team like NWMS because they are not your typical 6th seed - I guess we will all see in a few hours
                          None of the players know anything of this rivalry except what the coaches tell them and social media hype. If NW plays mistake free, this is a good game. NW plays well against the run. That's their bread and butter on defense and everybody knows that. GVSU will have success throwing the ball but can they score throwing the ball. The X-factor is NW offense.
                          Go Hounds!
                          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                          Cyclone Power
                          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                            As we used to say in the late 80's and early 90's for the Bearcats is
                            "There is always next year". Just think, you have Beck next year as well. :smile-big:
                            Thanks for reminding me...........

I'm done with Tim Beck football.....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X