Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you call a genius sitting in the NW student section?
    Visitor.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Why do gorillas have big nostrils?

They have big fingers.

(This was a rare "clean" gorilla joke...)

Comment

• Just listening to D2 Weekly podcast... and I quote:
            "... gonna run the ball a lot, run it right down your throat... throwing is novelty, at best... When they put Sexton in the game all the sudden they become a Mike Leach BYU-style air raid. They are throwing the ball 5-wide, I mean it's banannas. "

Comment

• How can you tell a Pitt State Grad from a Missouri Southern Grad...you can't as both certificates say Missouri Southern. BOOOM... Gorillas are dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post

Going back and looking at the stats - Zimmerman did throw more than I remember, at least according to the stats. Now those throws may have been when he was QBing in the 4th quarter and not just swapping out for a play. I don't remember him passing on any of those plays. He also didn't play against West Georgia or Shep - I had forgotten that.
                Maybe it was the year Bolles was in that role. Seemed like they used the running all year to set up a change of pace in the Play offs...of course, there is an outside chance, a very small one that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

If he sits a few games, he probably needs to be done as the starter for the rest of his career at NW. A RS-So who was second team all-conference taking a backseat to a RS-Fr? This is a 2002 Pitt State problem.

QFs seem like a possibility (not likely) because who knows how a playoff bracket will fall, but SFs seem out of the question. Not only are the teams not that scary, but both fanbases are VERY aware of the programs' not being title contenders as they currently stand. Anyone else take a look at Arrowhead ticket availability lately? If you're hoping for a 2004-05 atmosphere or even a 2011-12 atmosphere, I think you'll be disappointed on Saturday. However, these are still two good teams and Saturday's weather looks great for it.
                  Who cares if you make the QF or SF of the playoffs? I always think it's funny that teams can't be good unless they are on of the top 4-8 in the country. Just enjoy week to week and then let's roll in the playoffs and see where the chips fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by clintec View Post
                    Just listening to D2 Weekly podcast... and I quote:
                    "... gonna run the ball a lot, run it right down your throat... throwing is novelty, at best... When they put Sexton in the game all the sudden they become a Mike Leach BYU-style air raid. They are throwing the ball 5-wide, I mean it's banannas. "
                    That is awesome.
                    I'm not sure where the BYU coaching reference came from. He graduated from there but didn't coach there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wallst View Post

That is awesome.
                      I'm not sure where the BYU coaching reference came from. He graduated from there but didn't coach there.

Comment

• Originally posted by catz54 View Post

Who cares if you make the QF or SF of the playoffs? I always think it's funny that teams can't be good unless they are on of the top 4-8 in the country. Just enjoy week to week and then let's roll in the playoffs and see where the chips fall.
                        Maybe the Buffalo Bills sequence made this not the case for NW, but, in general, those are the teams that are regarded as special for Pitt State. In the D2 era, the teams are 90, 91, 92, 95, 04 and 11. I don't know anybody who holds any of the the other version in the same esteem as those teams. However, within those six years, anyone's particular favorite is going to vary.

Comment

• THey were pretty much running it in the early 80's before it was "invented"

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

THey were pretty much running it in the early 80's before it was "invented"
                            Per wikipedia: " Mike Leach has made reference that he and Hal Mumme largely incorporated much of the BYU passing attack into what is now known as the air raid offense."

Comment

• Comment

• ...and we KNOW that Wikipedia is the end all, beat all, of all knowledge! Who writes for Wikipedia again, and what are his/her credentials????

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X