Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bearcat97 View Post

When a QB drops nearly 200yds running the ball on your defense, with a big chunk of it right up the gut - I would be concerned on that side of the ball too. That's not a spy issue. That's a front 7 getting worked issue.
    And a QB that doesn't like contact at that. You touch the guy and he falls down. Makes it even more embarrassing for the Pitt defense.

Comment

• 2019 miaa fball
      everyone should be ashamed of themselves
      some more than others
      Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by PSR View Post

And a QB that doesn't like contact at that. You touch the guy and he falls down. Makes it even more embarrassing for the Pitt defense.
        I agree.

Comment

• Random thoughts about Pitt Vs NW: When was the last time a Northwest QB had more yards rushing than passing in a game? Wright had 102 yards passing and 156 rushing.
          Glad to see NW remembered that they had a big, sure handed tight end. Weird to see NW honor the refs before the game by giving them all ceremonial Footballs. Seems to have worked, only two penalties, face mask for 30 yards. Other than the two PF's, NW was clean, No holding, or PI, or even an off sides or delay of game. Pitt seemed content to run clock with their veer offense with QB crouched down behind the center for what seemed like an eternity before the ball was snapped. NW front seven held Pitt to 87 yards rushing. Why did it take Pitt so long to give up the run and pick on NW's cornerbacks? NW offense took the entire third quarter off, luckily Pitt's did too.

Comment

• Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
            Random thoughts about Pitt Vs NW: When was the last time a Northwest QB had more yards rushing than passing in a game? Wright had 102 yards passing and 156 rushing.
            Glad to see NW remembered that they had a big, sure handed tight end. Weird to see NW honor the refs before the game by giving them all ceremonial Footballs. Seems to have worked, only two penalties, face mask for 30 yards. Other than the two PF's, NW was clean, No holding, or PI, or even an off sides or delay of game. Pitt seemed content to run clock with their veer offense with QB crouched down behind the center for what seemed like an eternity before the ball was snapped. NW front seven held Pitt to 87 yards rushing. Why did it take Pitt so long to give up the run and pick on NW's cornerbacks? NW offense took the entire third quarter off, luckily Pitt's did too.
            Yes, why does Pitt take forever to snap the ball? Would some of you Pitt guys explain that as I have noticed it in other games that they have played. I understand changing the play etc., but keeping your line in that position seems a bit odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

Yes, why does Pitt take forever to snap the ball? Would some of you Pitt guys explain that as I have noticed it in other games that they have played. I understand changing the play etc., but keeping your line in that position seems a bit odd.
              It's called Tim Beck football and Dave Weimers OC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Nothing I saw makes me think NW is the more talented team.
                This is the Achilles heal of every fan base - thinking their players are more talented than they really are. "Can't fire the roster."

Comment

• Last edited by ForeverGreen; 10-13-2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

This is the Achilles heal of every fan base - thinking their players are more talented than they really are. "Can't fire the roster."
                        Don't act like I'm that guy.

Do you disagree this year?

I have admitted that NW was more talented in a lot of years. I truly don't think they are this year.

Comment

• Last edited by catbacker07; 10-13-2019, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Don't act like I'm that guy.

Do you disagree this year?

I have admitted that NW was more talented in a lot of years. I truly don't think they are this year.

Comment

• Comment

• We already have.

2 playoff appearances in 9 years. Going to be 2 in 10 years after this season, making it 5 straight years without a playoff berth. Welcome to the Pitt Huskers. Sooooouuuuiiiiieeee Gorillas.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X