Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 was the SR year for possibly at the time the most talented recruiting class in program history. It was Blake Bolles' SR year! There were no QB issues. I think you mean 2011 (Post Coach T). Which had an offense putting up absolutely ridiculous offensive stats until the QB broke his hand and the best WR in program history broke a foot. If not for a phantom chop block...destiny doesn't arrive.

Comment

• my overriding thought on this is that there is a chasm of space between licking boots & firing a guy. it's ok to be critical & still love the hc/record/where the program's at/etc. adults should be able to contextualize things. twitter has turned internet sports fandom into too much all or nothing.

there are guy(s) on the staff that in retrospect it appears ad carried the water for in terms of the offense - being a defensive coach it's harder for rw to do that. he needs to address it or the slide will continue. maybe it means guy(s) need to be replaced - maybe it means someone needs support they aren't getting at this time - idk i'm not close enough to it, just talking about what i see from the stands.

& of course maybe patience is the best course for him to take as there is growth still yet to come.

but the issues are real & they are coach-centric in nature.
      Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by Taxman View Post

2010 was the SR year for possibly at the time the most talented recruiting class in program history. It was Blake Bolles' SR year! There were no QB issues. I think you mean 2011 (Post Coach T). Which had an offense putting up absolutely ridiculous offensive stats until the QB broke his hand and the best WR in program history broke a foot. If not for a phantom chop block...destiny doesn't arrive.
        Sorry, meant 2011 when Christopher took over. And yeah, 2011 could have been a special year as well without the injuries (one major self-inflicted injury IIRC).

Comment

• I would say most likely he will go to the next level or higher as a DC

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
            I would say most likely he will go to the next level or higher as a DC
            I would agree, but who knows when that will be. I keep being surprised that we're able to keep Ben on the basketball side... there's not much left for him to accomplish here. RW still has some room to better that resume if he chooses to.

Comment

• Isn't RW a local guy who basically has his dream job already?

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Isn't RW a local guy who basically has his dream job already?
                No, he's not a local guy, but has been in Maryville for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I would agree, but who knows when that will be. I keep being surprised that we're able to keep Ben on the basketball side... there's not much left for him to accomplish here. RW still has some room to better that resume if he chooses to.
                  From what I've heard, Ben is in a somewhat unique situation, he makes really good money in Maryville, if he takes a lower level D1 HC job at a team that is down, will he be able to win there quickly enough (for not much more money...if after factoring in cost of living...is it even more money) or if he goes to a successful lower level D1 where the HC left for a better job...if he keeps it going does he get the credit for that, or was it due to the previous guy and if it goes down, he's back down to D2 or an asst. somewhere. For all the Chris Beard's out there (there's only one I'm aware of) there are tons that haven't.

You typically don't jump up from a D2 program, even with multiple NCs to a mid or upper level D1 program...see Kim Anderson from UCM to MU.

Comment

• he's not thinking short term if he bounces. the next stop isn't the destination any more than this one was under those speculative circumstances. ad didn't leave nwms b/c acu was a dream job, his is two promotions away yet still. so comparing this one to the next one.....more like to the one after that since that would be the point of leaving in the first place.
                    Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                      he's not thinking short term if he bounces. the next stop isn't the destination any more than this one was under those speculative circumstances. ad didn't leave nwms b/c acu was a dream job, his is two promotions away yet still. so comparing this one to the next one.....more like to the one after that since that would be the point of leaving in the first place.
                      I'm not trying to say he'll stay at NW, he's looking for the right opportunity to move, not just any opportunity...doing that would be thinking short term. See UMKC...that program is a dumpster fire.

Comment

• Some guys use schools as spring boards. Hence the AD Baker. Some don't.

Comment

• i think the biggest thing is both those guys are young in the coaching profession increasing the possibility to leave.
                          it seemed inevitable that mt would leave after so much early success & he interviewed for some gigs but it didn't work out that way.
                          life will play out how it plays out.
                          Go Bearcats!
                          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X