Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miaa coaching search

NSU's Athletic Director tweeted out yesterday that they've vetted a ton of candidates and have narrowed their search considerably - I'd expect you'd hear something shortly. Also, whomever they hire has to get on the recruiting trail, so there's that.

Comment

I think Will Wagner will end up at ACU.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
        Adam Dorrel at ACU might snatch up Will.
        You beat me to it. I was thinking the exact same thing. Will and AD got along really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
          Also, whomever they hire has to get on the recruiting trail, so there's that.
          the year mine signed, i think nsu only signed 8 or 9? im not sure they are even there now. i know the kid from shawnee that thought he was someone is gone. not sure what happened but he isnt on nsus roster. they also have a redshirt lineman on that team who only started his senior season in highschool. they did ok in coaching him up but he ncould have used another year of seasoning. my guess is coach rob was having a serious issue with retaining his talent. they will make sure the new one is a more personable coach

Comment

They only signed 25 to nli in the first two years of Robinson term. The whole roster is filled with freshmen and soph getting lots of playing tone this year. The majority if those first 25 signed we're not in roster this year. Academic problems cost them most of thier starting lines from spring ball. It's bad. But right guy can come in and make some hay if he can come in and motivate these kids to stay. Not a lot of upper class left to run off as most new coaches do.

Comment

I would take anyone at this point who knows what they are doing. And get us a few wins a year to build off. In two years a new guy gets us to 4wins I would be estatic

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                I would take anyone at this point who knows what they are doing. And get us a few wins a year to build off. In two years a new guy gets us to 4wins I would be estatic
                And who will work for 65% of what other coaches in the league make.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho View Post
                  Firing Coach Wagner after going 48-40 and getting their first PO win since 1997. Sure it was a few year ago but still. You're in a competitive conference and are in the middle of BFE. TF were they thinking?!?! Did he piss someone off or something?
                  as you said 2014 was awhile ago. the bfe comment i am not sure i get. most schools are in rural communities to varying degrees. san angelo isn't panhandle state. i would guess it's over 100k. if anything it may be too big. towns that need the schools like maryville & pittsburg tend to support the school more than say edmond or topeka.

6-5 on the reg wouldn't cut it for me either. i don't blame them (assuming the school is holding up their end of the bargain relative to being committed to winning).
                  Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Anyone hearing any updates at NSU or anything else going on around the league?.. I know its bowl week for a couple teams in the league, nobody left in the playoffs from Miaa and recruiting is in full swing for many. NSU is going to need someone to get things going for a good first recruiting class for the new staff

Comment

Originally posted by MIAAFootballGuy View Post
                      Anyone hearing any updates at NSU or anything else going on around the league?.. I know its bowl week for a couple teams in the league, nobody left in the playoffs from Miaa and recruiting is in full swing for many. NSU is going to need someone to get things going for a good first recruiting class for the new staff
                      Arkansas Tech fired their coach, wonder if he will land somewhere in the MIAA

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                        They only signed 25 to nli in the first two years of Robinson term. The whole roster is filled with freshmen and soph getting lots of playing tone this year. The majority if those first 25 signed we're not in roster this year. Academic problems cost them most of thier starting lines from spring ball. It's bad. But right guy can come in and make some hay if he can come in and motivate these kids to stay. Not a lot of upper class left to run off as most new coaches do.
                        I am hopeful that you have some proof or insight into this as it differs from my information. Most of the kids that left after last year were on their new team's roster this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                          Arkansas Tech fired their coach, wonder if he will land somewhere in the MIAA
                          Hmmm....

Comment

Ark tech coach to NSU is interesting

Comment

I would take the guy. Modica is a very good defensive coach. He has built programs and like offences that run the ball. I'm in.

Bytor I can't argue with your side. You seem to be following more than I have. I'm going of information from a team member but indirectly. Just know that spring starters didn't return for fall. And a bunch of freshman played season on both sides of line as injuries tore into the team.

Comment

Looks like Northeastern State got their new head coach.

JJ Eckert from Kilgore JC in Texas. Supposedly accepted Friday night...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X