Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love that you said teaches and taught in first two sentences. On my sons recruiting visit several years ago the difference was that Brown was a coach and a teacher.

Comment

• Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

Brown built a program from nothing to be conference champs 2 years in a row.

He is a top 5 player in program history. If they had targeting when he played he would have been thrown out of every game. He was a d2 Ronnie Lott. He gotten his players to play physical his whole career coaching. Look at WU with him, then after. Look at Hays without him, then with him. As fort discipline and playing dirty, everyone always thinks the other team is dirty compare to theirs.

Comment

• Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Hard to win any game with 2 turnovers that turn into TDs...I don't think the better team came away with the win.
          You're kind of glossing over that FHSU should have gone up 35-24 after the first drive coming out of half if not for a turnover on their part at the 3 yard line. At that point PSU wouldn't of had any turnovers and FHSU would have scored TDs on 5 of 6 drives. Pitt St. capitalized on that luck of a turnover for the 3rd quarter...otherwise FHSU easily showed they were the better team.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

and if I think of you count red zone appearances teams were equal on their scores yesterday. We had t field goals instead of TDs largely because of a tackle.
                    Hays has been pretty notorious in the redzone for a couple years; coach Brown talks about it a lot that they can't rely on Dante Brown leg so much. Going into the game FHSU was just 13 of 25 scoring a TD when in the redzone, 52%. They went 4 of 5 (and should have been 5 of 5) against Pitt. Again, FHSU dominated Pitt defense unlike any other team so far this year.

not saying FHSU didn't get exposed but I think most teams know FHSU corners leave a lot to be desired.

Comment

• Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post

Hays has been pretty notorious in the redzone for a couple years; coach Brown talks about it a lot that they can't rely on Dante Brown leg so much. Going into the game FHSU was just 13 of 25 scoring a TD when in the redzone, 52%. They went 4 of 5 (and should have been 5 of 5) against Pitt. Again, FHSU dominated Pitt defense unlike any other team so far this year.

not saying FHSU didn't get exposed but I think most teams know FHSU corners leave a lot to be desired.
                      Anyone who watched that game and thought anything was dominant about the play of either team is a bonafide moron.

Comment

He is a top 5 player in program history. If they had targeting when he played he would have been thrown out of every game. He was a d2 Ronnie Lott. He gotten his players to play physical his whole career coaching. Look at WU with him, then after. Look at Hays without him, then with him. As for discipline and playing dirty, everyone always thinks the other team is dirty compare to theirs.
                        This!
                        He was a 185 lb rampaging beast.

Comment

• Comment

• That's mild. He didn't throw his helmet in the stands like that UNO guy did back in the 90's. (Was still hanging on the wall at Bob's grill the last time I was there.)

Comment

He is a top 5 player in program history. If they had targeting when he played he would have been thrown out of every game. He was a d2 Ronnie Lott. He gotten his players to play physical his whole career coaching. Look at WU with him, then after. Look at Hays without him, then with him. As for discipline and playing dirty, everyone always thinks the other team is dirty compare to theirs.
                              Last edited by PSR; 10-20-2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• I also love how on here turnovers are considered to be luck. Like the ball just goes where it wants with no help from the defense. It cracks me up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X