• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are discounting the fact that he is doing so in Hays freaking ks, imo

Comment

• I could be wrong, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

That's mild. He didn't throw his helmet in the stands like that UNO guy did back in the 90's. (Was still hanging on the wall at Bob's grill the last time I was there.)
        That was 2000 and that was Stovall LB for UNO.

Comment

I also love how on here turnovers are considered to be luck. Like the ball just goes where it wants with no help from the defense. It cracks me up.
          On the sports replay Hornback stripped the ball and then recovered it. No luck involved, just a good defensive play.

Comment

• Watching ESU and Kearney games from yesterday, I see teams playing at or above their talent level.

Pitt used to be that team. NW was more recently. I don't think either has done so this year.

Comment

• On second thought, I apologize. Pitt should never be used in the same sentence as NW. I apologize.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSR View Post

On the sports replay Hornback stripped the ball and then recovered it. No luck involved, just a good defensive play.
                Yeah. Just a general observation about the board. I always hear "we turned the ball over" I never hear "the lb held him up while the ss broke 2 of his fingers, the cb kneed him in the kidneys, and the de punched the ball out"

Comment

You are discounting the fact that he is doing so in Hays freaking ks, imo

Comment

• Yeah that's true.

Valid point. Mel did it in a horrid, horrid conference that had only ever had one good team in it, so it is a little bit of a different situation.

Comment

• Comment

• I have never been a fan of the trash talking that occurs but true Pitt fans know that Pitt used to be the kings of smack and they backed it up on the field. Been going on for well over the 30+ years I have followed Pitt State and MIAA football.

IMO the beef Pitt fans have is what the team has become. The are no longer royalty within the conference and one of their own is taking their place in Brown. Pitt fans would welcome Brown home in a heartbeat as they yearn for some get in your face hard nosed football on both sides of the ball. Instead they have Beck and Mumblin' Jim and know they are no longer relevant. Far cry from what they were. But hey, they, like Southern, have the upcoming basketball season to look forward to.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSR View Post

That was 2000 and that was Stovall LB for UNO.
                          I thought that was at Pitt? In 2000 the game was in Omaha, right?

Comment

• Comment

• Gorilla John 92 unfortunately I agree with you that Pitt would take Brown in a heartbeat and i think that all fans no matter the team take more offense when they are no longer at the top - whether it is a physical game or it is officiating or whatever.

Comment

• The Pitt fans were yelling at the FHSU players before the game even started as soon as the players came out of the locker room. I also doubt that this is the first time the Pitt fans have yelled at and interacted with the visiting players - the fans and players are feet away it is going to happen especially between students - Pitt Students and the student athletes all of which are in their late teens early 20s. One set has no fear either because they are the home fans or liquid courage and the other has plenty of emotions and testosterone flowing through the body.
                                I am not saying what happened was ok but straight up coming after the kids, coaches, and admin come on now. I have been to many MIAA games in many different sports and we all have the fans that don't say the greatest things and players that react in emotional ways.
                                Part of what makes college athletics great is the emotional ties we all have including the players and coaches. It isn't about the money, it is about representing the school, team, and playing for the love of the game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X