Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Will the Mules Slip Up Against?

Believe it or not, the Mules are a game up on the pack in the conference after seven games. So who is the team that the Mules will slip up against this year to keep them from the league crown? Pitt at home this week then to Kearney. Followed up with a "BYE" aka Lincoln and then back on the road to NW.

What say ye?

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
      Believe it or not, the Mules are a game up on the pack in the conference after seven games. So who is the team that the Mules will slip up against this year to keep them from the league crown? Pitt at home this week then to Kearney. Followed up with a "BYE" aka Lincoln and then back on the road to NW.

What say ye?
      Geez John, stop with that talk.....don't mess with our mojo and jinx us..

Comment

Let's be real, the pressure is on the Mules for the first time since 2010. We are playing three one dimensional teams and Lincoln. If the Mules can stop the run they are in great shape. If not, they have three tough games to end the year. They are facing three of the top four defenses (statistically) in the next four weeks with two coming on the road. Pitt is coming off of back-to-back loses and NW has a date with Hays at Hays in week 10. NW will be 8-1 going into the Hays game as they have "Byes" at home the next two weeks (Lincoln and Northeastern State). I contend that the Mules are favored every week heading into the NW game. Which makes it even more exciting to be a Mules fan.

I understand that the topic of this thread is not positive but it is the elephant in the room. Let's not ignore it. With a healthy Boles and a legitimate running game, we have become the hunted. With that being said, outside of 2010 and the disappointing lose to NW, the Mules have always seemed to hurt themselves and drop one they shouldn't so that is why i choose it as the topic of the thread.

So where ore other's opinions? in year's past this thread would be on page two if not page three by now. instead crickets. What does one glean from that? Where are the "Keep the Mooles Down" posts?

Hmm..........

Comment

Let's be real, the pressure is on the Mules for the first time since 2010. We are playing three one dimensional teams and Lincoln. If the Mules can stop the run they are in great shape. If not, they have three tough games to end the year. They are facing three of the top four defenses (statistically) in the next four weeks with two coming on the road. Pitt is coming off of back-to-back loses and NW has a date with Hays at Hays in week 10. NW will be 8-1 going into the Hays game as they have "Byes" at home the next two weeks (Lincoln and Northeastern State). I contend that the Mules are favored every week heading into the NW game. Which makes it even more exciting to be a Mules fan.

I understand that the topic of this thread is not positive but it is the elephant in the room. Let's not ignore it. With a healthy Boles and a legitimate running game, we have become the hunted. With that being said, outside of 2010 and the disappointing lose to NW, the Mules have always seemed to hurt themselves and drop one they shouldn't so that is why i choose it as the topic of the thread.

So where ore other's opinions? in year's past this thread would be on page two if not page three by now. instead crickets. What does one glean from that? Where are the "Keep the Mooles Down" posts?

Hmm..........
          I think that's usually NW fans and they are too busy with their own problems to keep 'em down.

Comment

The mules will win the MIAA this year. I'd they get passed Pitt. NW won't give them a game. The mules gun slinger will throw for over 400 on Northwest secondary.

Comment

Comment

Nope, the Mules have moved on and ESU has stepped in to fill that slot........ahahahahahah

Comment

The only thing that will slip is KMA's finger through the toilet paper....

Comment

Slip would imply that it was an accident.

Comment

visionpipe is channeling Juiced Mule?

Comment

I think Pitt will give UCM a game and making it a lot more stressful than anyone is Warrensburg likes, but at the end of the day, this Pitt State team is just too poorly coached and has too little attention to detail to be able to win unless UCM just gives it to them.

IMO, UNK is the exact opposite of Pitt in that regard. UCM will have a bigger natural edge there, but UCM will have to go out and beat UNK, not avoid beating themselves. It kind of makes UNK a tough team to follow Pitt (as NW found out on Saturday). Pitt lulls you to sleep because we will beat ourselves unless you just beat us to losing and then you have to actually go out and take it from UNK.

But I think NW is the most likely contender to beat UCM, just because it's merely a question of whether good BW or bad BW shows up. I really think good BW makes NW the class of the conference, but he isn't there frequently enough to count on it.
                        Last edited by GorillaBred; 10-21-2019, 10:06 AM. Reason: Forgot to comment on the third relevant team.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                          The only thing that will slip is KMA's finger through the toilet paper....
                          I hope you two Butt-er Fingers (GB & Reload) have a nice day at work while I'm out playing golf (caddies play for free on Mondays).

Comment

Hmm..........
                            cm is flawed defensively & that will get exposed in the po's
                            they aren't nationally elite but they're the best this league has to offer.....however the margin's pretty slim. if they fail to win the league this yr w/ the best qb & a terrific offense i would question whether js is ever going to win one.
                            i think that they get it done but it isn't a fait accompli.

the keeping the mules down was always nonsense......those were cm teams that weren't good enough & y'all didn't want to hear it.
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
                              I think Pitt will give UCM a game and making it a lot more stressful than anyone is Warrensburg likes, but at the end of the day, this Pitt State team is just too poorly coached and has too little attention to detail to be able to win unless UCM just gives it to them.

IMO, UNK is the exact opposite of Pitt in that regard. UCM will have a bigger natural edge there, but UCM will have to go out and beat UNK, not avoid beating themselves. It kind of makes UNK a tough team to follow Pitt (as NW found out on Saturday). Pitt lulls you to sleep because we will beat ourselves unless you just beat us to losing and then you have to actually go out and take it from UNK.

But I think NW is the most likely contender to beat UCM, just because it's merely a question of whether good BW or bad BW shows up. I really think good BW makes NW the class of the conference, but he isn't there frequently enough to count on it.
                              NW is still the team to beat in the MIAA, even with one loss. As mentioned above, Pitt will give the Mules a dang good game on Saturday mainly due to this being a road game for Pitt. If this game was at CSS, Mules by 30.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X