Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PittStateFootball View Post

NW is still the team to beat in the MIAA, even with one loss. As mentioned above, Pitt will give the Mules a dang good game on Saturday mainly due to this being a road game for Pitt. If this game was at CSS, Mules by 30.
    Stop drinking...we are not the team to beat.

Comment

Comment

I think UCM might have some tough games left... From a talent perspective, Pitt could be interesting, UNK is solid defensively and just ran all over NW, and then Northwest depending on which BW shows. I'm just not sure any of those teams are strong enough offensively to keep up with the Mules on the scoreboard. When you talk about Northwest, our secondary has been a weakness and we haven't even played Fort Hays or UCM yet, 2 of the better quarterbacks in the league.... I see big chunks. Right now, I don't see the Mules losing, but I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Danno_CMSU_82 View Post
          Lopers scare me more than anyone till the NW game. We usually play Pitt well
          This is kinda interesting. I actually thought Pitt usually played UCM pretty well. Much better UCM teams won in 16 and 17 by less than a TD. The 2015 blowout was late in the year when everyone was blowing Pitt State out. Neither team was great last year and Pitt State won comfortably. Looking at the series history, the games between these teams are usually pretty close, so it probably depends on how highly you think of either team to indicate if you think you play the other well.

Comment

Mules will drop 2 of the 3. You read it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              That's bold... I like it! :)

Comment

I think UCM will win the conference outright. I am going to say they stay undefeated until the final week, losing a squeaker in Maryille. However, NW will play another stinker of a game and dig too big a hole at Hays the week before. So it will not matter what happens in the final week. That leaves 4 teams with potentially 2 losses fighting for a 5 or 6 seed in the region/bowl game (NW, UNK, Hays, MoWest). I believe that Hays and MoWest will most likely win out, but Kearney is the outlier. They could play spoiler to one of those 2 teams post season hopes, if there are any. Of the 2-loss teams, Northwest gets in and probably goes on the road to lose in the first or second round. How awesome would it be to play Central again in the playoffs?!

Comment

I know the Mules were up 35-7 over UNK last year but it was 35-all late in the fourth with the Lopers driving for another score. A bang-bang play happened, Mules recovered the fumble and returned it like 50 yards to setup the winning score. So that could be a tough test?

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
                    I think UCM will win the conference outright. I am going to say they stay undefeated until the final week, losing a squeaker in Maryille. However, NW will play another stinker of a game and dig too big a hole at Hays the week before. So it will not matter what happens in the final week. That leaves 4 teams with potentially 2 losses fighting for a 5 or 6 seed in the region/bowl game (NW, UNK, Hays, MoWest). I believe that Hays and MoWest will most likely win out, but Kearney is the outlier. They could play spoiler to one of those 2 teams post season hopes, if there are any. Of the 2-loss teams, Northwest gets in and probably goes on the road to lose in the first or second round. How awesome would it be to play Central again in the playoffs?!
                    UNK already has two losses and still plays FH, UCM and MoWest, so the scenario you describe here isn't quite possible.

Comment

When was the last time that the Mules ran the table in the MIAA? If ever?

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                        When was the last time that the Mules ran the table in the MIAA? If ever?
                        4-0-1 in the old Missouri Intercollegiate Athletic Association in 1987 and 5-0 the year before. Half of the teams from the conference as it existed then (UCM, NW and Lincoln) continue to be in the conference. Rolla, Truman and SEMO were the other half.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
                          I think UCM drops 1 of the next 2 then loses to NW on their senior, finishes 9-2.

Comment

Only game that doesn't worry me is Lincoln. Any of the other remaining games will have to earn the victory. The defense is better than last year but not great. Looks like last years K.C. Chiefs blueprint. Team will have to put up points. Offense will have to be ready if an undefeated season is in the works. Playoffs are a bonus not expecting a deep run.

Comment

MW, UCM, Hays, Pitt, NW are all the same team, imo. All are decent, but all have major deficiencies. Most games amongst those 5 this year will be a coin toss, imo. Would be unsurprised if a couple of 1 or even 2 loss teams shared the conf title, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                                Lincoln and who else? :^)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X