Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MIAA issues

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    I also hate the silo stuff. I just don't buy using it as an excuse for declines in quality.
    I don't believe Silo scheduling hurts the teams quality.

I think
    A. not as many kids play football due to the whole concussion situation and etc.
    B. I think kids just don't have the fire in their bellies and anger as a whole. Kids seem nicer than they used to be. Some previous players I think would be as likely to jack you up as they would be to tackle you. They seem to be missing that aggression and toughness of teams in the past. I don't know if this is partially due to the everyone gets a trophy or ribbon upbringing or what. Just seems to be a shift happening.
    C. I think talent searching has improved greatly as well has strength and training. The biggest gap I think was the strength and training programs and I believe schools are starting to catch up with the upper end schools in that regards.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
      I don't believe Silo scheduling hurts the teams quality.

I think
      A. not as many kids play football due to the whole concussion situation and etc.
      B. I think kids just don't have the fire in their bellies and anger as a whole. Kids seem nicer than they used to be. Some previous players I think would be as likely to jack you up as they would be to tackle you. They seem to be missing that aggression and toughness of teams in the past. I don't know if this is partially due to the everyone gets a trophy or ribbon upbringing or what. Just seems to be a shift happening.
      C. I think talent searching has improved greatly as well has strength and training. The biggest gap I think was the strength and training programs and I believe schools are starting to catch up with the upper end schools in that regards.
      Recruiting is a lot different than it used to be and I am not sure it's a positive change. It's all about size and testing numbers to project production. It used to be more about production and projecting size and numbers. Give me a 6'3 OL any day that is a road grader and you can keep your 6'7 kid that's huge but is out leveraged.

I'll take the 5'10 WR that can get open and catch and you can take your 6'3 kid that you have to develop hands. As far as know there is no number that measures things like effort, passion for the game, and ability to understand and process information quickly. That's where the ball is being dropped, IMO. Not enough kids in the MIAA that just make plays.

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
        Recruiting is a lot different than it used to be and I am not sure it's a positive change. It's all about size and testing numbers to project production. It used to be more about production and projecting size and numbers. Give me a 6'3 OL any day that is a road grader and you can keep your 6'7 kid that's huge but is out leveraged.

I'll take the 5'10 WR that can get open and catch and you can take your 6'3 kid that you have to develop hands. As far as know there is no number that measures things like effort, passion for the game, and ability to understand and process information quickly. That's where the ball is being dropped, IMO. Not enough kids in the MIAA that just make plays.
        clap, clap, clap, clap clap

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          I also hate the silo stuff. I just don't buy using it as an excuse for declines in quality.
          Part of the problem, not the only problem. College football players want to compete on the national level, not a "local" level like silo scheduling is.
          Go Hounds!
          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
          Cyclone Power
          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Recruiting is also about playing the best to be the best. No such options in silo except the best the silo offers.
            Go Hounds!
            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
            Cyclone Power
            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

^This!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X