Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

I wouldn't fault any of them for transferring (I wouldn't fault any 20ish year old kid for wanting to change colleges), but also, at this point, Bradbury and Harmon have been at Pitt State for 5 semesters. I'm guessing they both know they aren't... uh... playing at the next level. At a certain point, the "college" has to outweigh the "football" in "college football." I'm inclined to think that more than halfway through their time in school is probably a point when that balance ought to shift.

But Sexton leaving definitely wouldn't seem out of place, assuming he believes we're going to stay in the veer.

Comment

Comment

I am not sure how long his contract is for...

Comment

Prior to 2015ish, he had an annual one year contract. Pitt State got the State Board of Regents to amend statewide policy to allow athletics head coaching contracts for D2 public institutions to go up to 3 years. At that time, Pitt State gave him a three year contract that automatically extended one year at the end of each year, unless the University took a positive step to stop the automatic extension.

I have heard no one with first hand knowledge of the situation say whether or not that automatic extension has happened in any year. However, loud rumors began after the 2016 season that it was not extended that year. Those rumors persisted through 2017. I haven't heard any talk of the subject since then, because the 2017 season ending win streak and the 2018 season opening win streak had cooled his seat quite a bit. In theory, he could be down to the buyout only being the remainder of this year, but who knows if that's true.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

Prior to 2015ish, he had an annual one year contract. Pitt State got the State Board of Regents to amend statewide policy to allow athletics head coaching contracts for D2 public institutions to go up to 3 years. At that time, Pitt State gave him a three year contract that automatically extended one year at the end of each year, unless the University took a positive step to stop the automatic extension.

I have heard no one with first hand knowledge of the situation say whether or not that automatic extension has happened in any year. However, loud rumors began after the 2016 season that it was not extended that year. Those rumors persisted through 2017. I haven't heard any talk of the subject since then, because the 2017 season ending win streak and the 2018 season opening win streak had cooled his seat quite a bit. In theory, he could be down to the buyout only being the remainder of this year, but who knows if that's true.

Comment

JB was amazing, but Dickey doesn't get enough credit for 2011 imo. He ran for a bunch of yards that year most of them nasty inside after contact yards. That team wouldn't have won without both of them, imo.

Comment

I'm certain that's not what's going on.

This has always been Becks dream job. He turned down plenty of d2 hc and d1 assistant jobs along the way to get it.

Comment

the offensive scheme is not the reason ps isn't winning misguided as it may be
                      Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I'm certain that's not what's going on.

This has always been Becks dream job. He turned down plenty of d2 hc and d1 assistant jobs along the way to get it.
                        Not that I would know, but I never heard this.
                        Specifics?

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                          the offensive scheme is not the reason ps isn't winning misguided as it may be
                          Oh do tell wiseman...
                          Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post

Oh do tell wiseman...
                            Oh, I don't know, maybe talent

Comment

Originally posted by backintheday View Post

Oh, I don't know, maybe talent
                              Well then, I guess you figured it out. Pitt has no talent for the awesome coaching staff to work with. Whew, I am glad you clarified that.
                              Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post

Well then, I guess you figured it out. Pitt has no talent for the awesome coaching staff to work with. Whew, I am glad you clarified that.
                                No objective observer can look at the talent Pitt St is putting on the field and compare it favorably to the Pitt St championship teams we all remember.

You can have a discussion about about how that talent is being assembled (recruiting), about how that talent is being deployed (scheme), about how the talent level of other teams has changed (competition), etc.

Talent rules the day. Doesn't matter if you've got an Arrowhead on the side of your helmet or the decal of the local high school, talent rules the day.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X