Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by backintheday View Post

No objective observer can look at the talent Pitt St is putting on the field and compare it favorably to the Pitt St championship teams we all remember.

You can have a discussion about about how that talent is being assembled (recruiting), about how that talent is being deployed (scheme), about how the talent level of other teams has changed (competition), etc.

Talent rules the day. Doesn't matter if you've got an Arrowhead on the side of your helmet or the decal of the local high school, talent rules the day.
    Talent is just part of the equation. There is system buy-in, coachability, etc. All sorts of things go into the success of the program.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

Talent is just part of the equation. There is system buy-in, coachability, etc. All sorts of things go into the success of the program.
      Fully agree. I just define those aspects you mention under the umbrella of talent and not just physical abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
        the offensive scheme is not the reason ps isn't winning misguided as it may be
        100% agree. The veer was never going to save this team, but we could be running any offense and the best we'd be right now is one game better.

Comment

It's not so much the x's and o's as it is the jimmie's and joe's!

Comment

Fully agree. I just define those aspects you mention under the umbrella of talent and not just physical abilities.
            In that case, I agree.

That said, the people who recruit and coach up that "talent" factor into your definition, as well.

Comment

No objective observer can look at the talent Pitt St is putting on the field and compare it favorably to the Pitt St championship teams we all remember.

You can have a discussion about about how that talent is being assembled (recruiting), about how that talent is being deployed (scheme), about how the talent level of other teams has changed (competition), etc.

Talent rules the day. Doesn't matter if you've got an Arrowhead on the side of your helmet or the decal of the local high school, talent rules the day.
              Josh Lynn disagrees.

I would pay him whatever his price tag is to have him leave Kearney and come to Pitt.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

Josh Lynn disagrees.

I would pay him whatever his price tag is to have him leave Kearney and come to Pitt.
                Huh. Not who I would be inclined to go after.

Comment

First 4 game losing streak since 1977. WOO HOO!

Comment

Josh Lynn disagrees.

Kearney is definitely an ascending program in the MIAA and is poised to be another program to leave the struggling Pitt State program in their wake. No way we would beat them at this stage of the season. They are playing with their redshirt freshman quarterback and a great deal of confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

Huh. Not who I would be inclined to go after.
                      Why wouldn't you? From 2008 - 2012 Eastern New Mexico won ZERO games. ZERO. Lynn was their coach in 12 but after he got his players and his scheme and his player development and maybe most importantly his culture in place they had a winning record in every other year. He then comes to UNK. A team that had won 1 game in 2 years. All hes done there is won 8 games in 2 years coming into this year. Beat NW and almost beat UCM. Doing all this in Kearney freaking NE while developing players and getting the most out of them.

Yea you're right why would we want him.

Comment

Why wouldn't you? From 2008 - 2012 Eastern New Mexico won ZERO games. ZERO. Lynn was their coach in 12 but after he got his players and his scheme and his player development and maybe most importantly his culture in place they had a winning record in every other year. He then comes to UNK. A team that had won 1 game in 2 years. All hes done there is won 8 games in 2 years coming into this year. Beat NW and almost beat UCM. Doing all this in Kearney freaking NE while developing players and getting the most out of them.

Yea you're right why would we want him.
                        ENMU went 15-39 in that span but had to vacate all their wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

ENMU went 15-39 in that span but had to vacate all their wins.
                          Was not aware of that. Just knew they were bad. Wow they didnt even cheat and win. In that 4 year period before Lynn they went 15-39 and with him 27-25 including an 0-7 his first year due to others sins. Yet he was able to get the right kids and still install a winning culture.

Comment

Moreover, Josh Lynn has done it in places that do not have the resources or facilities that Pitt has. It is hard to imagine what he could possibly do at Pitt. Run the ball, control the clock and play tough defense. Hmm...seems to me that was the types of teams that have won titles at Pitt.

Comment

Was not aware of that. Just knew they were bad. Wow they didnt even cheat and win. In that 4 year period before Lynn they went 15-39 and with him 27-25 including an 0-7 his first year due to others sins. Yet he was able to get the right kids and still install a winning culture.
                              Would be a good get, for sure

Comment

Good read. The number one thing that I took out it was the shrinking enrollment. Sad to hear. I would have to assume that the population in the area is also in decline thus less of a talent pool. Unless you can recruit nationally to shore up the loss of local talent things will digress.

Still remember playoffs and Pitt taking out East Texas State In the early nineties. Had never heard of them until that point.

Lynn is a really good motivator and coach. Kinda surprised he left ENM because I was told he has family there. Not sure what offense they are running at Kearney but the run option he employed at ENM will only get you so far imho. I know of but Ga Tech Army Navy and small handful of others still using it But, it does allow you to stay on the field when there is an obvious talent deficiency.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X