Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ill have to ask, for sure. It wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

• I think it's going to happen.

Comment

• As an admitted Loper Fan, I'm worried Pitt State will fire their coach and go after the Lopers coach, Josh Lynn. Coach Lynn has earned the respects of everyone in D2 Football with what he's been able to accomplish thus far and a storied program with financials, facilities, and pretty much everything the Lopers lack in appearance could swoop him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiaaMind View Post
          As an admitted Loper Fan, I'm worried Pitt State will fire their coach and go after the Lopers coach, Josh Lynn. Coach Lynn has earned the respects of everyone in D2 Football with what he's been able to accomplish thus far and a storied program with financials, facilities, and pretty much everything the Lopers lack in appearance could swoop him up.
          I would be OK with this

Comment

• Coach Lynn has the Lopers playing tough and headed towards the top. I have to believe he wants to stay the course at Kearney and reap the fruits of his labor. Plus, I don't seem him bailing on his players.....he's not leaving for Pitt or anywhere else in the MIAA..

Comment

• Just as a reference point on coach Beck's tenure at Pitt State.

2009 - 5-5 (assume that was the previous coach (psu website doesn't say who the coach was)
              2010 - 6-6 (assume that was the previous coach (psu website doesn't say who the coach was)
              2011 - 13-1 Tim Beck era
              2012 - 7-3
              2013 - 10-2
              2014 - 11-2
              2015 - 6-5
              2016 - 7-4
              2017 - 8-4
              2018 - 8-3
              2019 - 6-5 (assuming a win over MS)

Not great, but not terrible (except by psu standards that date back to the 1990's and early 2000's)

Not sure I see enough here to convince me that the AD is thinking about firring Tim Beck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                Just as a reference point on coach Beck's tenure at Pitt State.

2009 - 5-5 (assume that was the previous coach (psu website doesn't say who the coach was)
                2010 - 6-6 (assume that was the previous coach (psu website doesn't say who the coach was)
                2011 - 13-1 Tim Beck era
                2012 - 7-3
                2013 - 10-2
                2014 - 11-2
                2015 - 6-5
                2016 - 7-4
                2017 - 8-4
                2018 - 8-3

Not great, but not terrible (except by psu standards that date back to the 1990's and early 2000's)

Not sure I see enough here to convince me that the AD is thinking about firring Tim Beck.
                Beck took over immediately following the 2009 season. If you added columns of paid attendance, actual attendance and football revenue, it would likely be a much more convincing table. I understand the last two of those are unknown to probably everyone on this board, but I think anyone who watches Pitt State football closely knows which direction they go.

Comment

• I'm not questioning which way ''you think" the fans want to go. I'm just looking at Beck's record and saying I don't see enough evidence to convince me that the AD will fire coach Beck. Do you have credible information that the big money donors are leaning on the AD to fire the coach? In my opinion, that's probably what it would take to oust coach Beck after this season.

Comment

Coach Lynn has the Lopers playing tough and headed towards the top. I have to believe he wants to stay the course at Kearney and reap the fruits of his labor. Plus, I don't seem him bailing on his players.....he's not leaving for Pitt or anywhere else in the MIAA..
                    Gotta give some of that credit to Lambo, as much as Loper fans don't want to. He was laying the seeds of a successful program.
                    Cool Story Bro

Comment

Just as a reference point on coach Beck's tenure at Pitt State.

2011 - 13-1 Tim Beck era
                      2012 - 7-3
                      2013 - 10-2
                      2014 - 11-2
                      2015 - 6-5
                      2016 - 7-4
                      2017 - 8-4
                      2018 - 8-3

2010 was Beck.

The "previous coach" was Chuck Broyles, one of the all-time greats in D2 and the MIAA.

2000 - 9-3
                      2001 - 11-2
                      2002 - 8-3
                      2003 - 9-3
                      2004 - 14-1
                      2005 - 10-4
                      2006 - 10-2
                      2007 - 8-3
                      2008 - 11-2
                      2009 - 5-5

For comparison, that was the previous 10 year period.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Gotta give some of that credit to Lambo, as much as Loper fans don't want to. He was laying the seeds of a successful program.

Comment

• I would say FHSU is a better turn around than UNK. FHSU has 3 good D2 programs plus jucos. UNK has one competitor in state. FHSU has 2 conference titles. Kearney is a way better town to recruit to than Hays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

2010 was Beck.

The "previous coach" was Chuck Broyles, one of the all-time greats in D2 and the MIAA.

2000 - 9-3
                            2001 - 11-2
                            2002 - 8-3
                            2003 - 9-3
                            2004 - 14-1
                            2005 - 10-4
                            2006 - 10-2
                            2007 - 8-3
                            2008 - 11-2
                            2009 - 5-5

For comparison, that was the previous 10 year period.

Tim Beck (2010-2019) 82-35 for a 70% winning record for 10 years.

Chuck Broyles (2000-2009) 95 -28 for a 77% winning record for the 10 years preceding coach Beck.

So, Chuck Broyles averaged 1.3 additional wins per season over Tim Beck for those 10 year time periods..
                            Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 11-13-2019, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Tim Beck (2010-2019) 82-35 for a 70% winning record for 10 years.

Chuck Broyles (2000-2009) 95 -28 for a 77% winning record for the 10 years preceding coach Beck.

So, Chuck Broyles averaged 1.3 additional wins per season over Tim Beck for those 10 year time periods..
                              Broyles is a HOF coach and the first time he had a losing record, he was gone. That was 2009. They were 5-6. I made a typo.

I think for Pitt fans, a list that more accurately articulates their frustration is this:

2000 - 9-3 *Playoffs
                              2001 - 11-2 *Playoffs
                              2002 - 8-3
                              2003 - 9-3 *Playoffs
                              2004 - 14-1 *Playoffs
                              2005 - 10-4 *Playoffs
                              2006 - 10-2
                              2007 - 8-3
                              2008 - 11-2 *Playoffs
                              2009 - 5-5

I like Tim Beck. He is one of the good guys. I don't want to see him get fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curious View Post
                                I would say FHSU is a better turn around than UNK. FHSU has 3 good D2 programs plus jucos. UNK has one competitor in state. FHSU has 2 conference titles. Kearney is a way better town to recruit to than Hays.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X