Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Missouri at Nebraska Kearney

Week 9 - Big game for both schools - What's your realistic take on this game ?

Signature win for UNK was 24 - 17 over Northwest. What's the quick read from Loper and Bearcat fans on how UNK was able to spring the upset.

Comment

Mules have been in some close games, but still finding ways to win and hanging tough at 8-0.. Bolles' passing has been off the last two weeks and still the Mules win with their running attack and defense. No way Bolles stays in a passing funk for a third straight week. I think his passing mojo returns against UNK and the Mules really open up the attack. UNK is tough, but no way are they going to out score the Mules.

Comment

UNK has one of the best running attacks in all of D2. And their front 7 is very very good/underrated.

They beat NW because they absolutely owned time of possession and NW was sloppy (4 turnovers if memory serves). UCM absolutely needs to be up for this game. The Lopers are a good football team.

Comment

UNK defense is "good" I guess.....Ft. Hays has no running attack "to speak of" and yet put up 37 points on the Lopers.... mostly through the air I assume. The Mules can put up those kind of points either on the ground or through the air. When the Mules unleash their combined ground and air attack the Lopers won't know what hit them. Anyone thinking that UNK's win over Northwest was some sign from God is just playing with fools gold..
          Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 10-28-2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Question - what's on the menu Saturday in "Korney", Nebraska

Answer - smoked venison.
            Last edited by Donkeydamus; 10-28-2019, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MIAAWeekly View Post
              UNK has one of the best running attacks in all of D2. And their front 7 is very very good/underrated.

They beat NW because they absolutely owned time of possession and NW was sloppy (4 turnovers if memory serves). UCM absolutely needs to be up for this game. The Lopers are a good football team.
              For UNK to even have a remote chance, UCM would have to totally go in the tank like northwest ( bad coaching, brain dead qb, and totally crap your pants with 4 turnovers). And laughingly, that appears to be the critical foundation of proof and reason for all the "out of towners" now jumping on the Loper wagon.

Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 10-29-2019, 05:18 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised with a blowout by UCM or a really close game. I think the UNK run d will make bolles have to beat them through the air. I think he can do that, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  I wouldn't be surprised with a blowout by UCM or a really close game. I think the UNK run d will make bolles have to beat them through the air. I think he can do that, though.
                  I can see it going down either way depending on whether Bolles has the touch. Lopers are apparently good against the run, but how's their pass defense? Ft. Hays didn't seem to have any problem passing the ball. I expect the Mules to have fair success running the ball, but I expect coach Boda will try and get his talented running backs in space with flare passes and screens and let them work their magic. Mules had pretty good success doing that against Pitt State. Of course, I would like to see the Mules passing attack come out blazing and run up the score, but I will also take another win by a touchdown or two and just keep moving forward.

Don't overlook the Mules defense. The front 7 have been pretty tough against the run and if the Lopers aren't much threat to pass, the safeties will cheat up and lend support..
                  Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 10-28-2019, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

I can see it going down either way depending on whether Bolles has the touch. Lopers are apparently good against the run, but how's their pass defense? Ft. Hays didn't seem to have any problem passing the ball. I expect the Mules to have fair success running the ball, but I expect coach Boda will try and get his talented running backs in space with flare passes and screens and let them work their magic. Mules had pretty good success doing that against Pitt State. Of course, I would like to see the Mules passing attack come out blazing and run up the score, but I will also take another win by a touchdown or two and just keep moving forward.

Don't overlook the Mules defense. The front 7 have been pretty tough against the run and if the Lopers aren't much threat to pass, the safeties will cheat up and lend support..
                    That is what NW did and got torched.

Comment

Bolles having "the touch" solely depends on if he is playing against a decent pass defense or not. That said, the back end of the UNK D isn't as good as last year.

As a pure passer only, I think the Hays QB is the best in the league by a pretty wide margin. (Except maybe the kid at MoSo?) Not the best QB, but the best passer.

I also don't think UNK beating NW was a complete fluke, either. They played lots upper teams close last year and this year. It was a matter of time before they started dinging a few of those teams. They are built to hang around and make you beat yourself.

I think the UCM D lacks the speed to shut down their option, but do think they should be able to outscore them.

Comment

Week 9 - Big game for both schools - What's your realistic take on this game ?
                        UNK has nothing to play for as they are drawing dead for the POs. So this game really only has something on the line for Central.

Comment

What do you see as the keys to victory for UCM and the keys to victory for UNK ? Mostly interested in outside opinions on this one (non ucm & unk)..Serious stuff, not butt hurt smack if you lost to these teams.

Comment

Originally posted by MIAAWeekly View Post

Define "good". Opportunistic? "Good" enough to take advantage of others' mistakes? Yes. How many of the remaining 3 games are they favored in? 1? Washburn? That would leave them at 6-5 to end the season with the win v. NW being the difference between above and below .500. Many thought UCO was "good" last year as well. Competitive and improving is probably more accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Bolles having "the touch" solely depends on if he is playing against a decent pass defense or not. That said, the back end of the UNK D isn't as good as last year.

As a pure passer only, I think the Hays QB is the best in the league by a pretty wide margin. (Except maybe the kid at MoSo?) Not the best QB, but the best passer.

I also don't think UNK beating NW was a complete fluke, either. They played lots upper teams close last year and this year. It was a matter of time before they started dinging a few of those teams. They are built to hang around and make you beat yourself.

I think the UCM D lacks the speed to shut down their option, but do think they should be able to outscore them.
                              What's the explanation for Pitt rolling UNK then? If UNK is all that they don't lose to Pitt.

Rare will you find the college team that wants a "pure passer only" these days. The game is about the ability to make dynamic plays with your arm and legs. Which Bollesv3.0 has. UNK isn't winning this game without turnovers by Central.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X