Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri Southern QB Jacob Park receiving national attention

Great to see a QB Jacob Park in the MIAA receiving national attention.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...fQ-PkGqXv9SF68 WAYNE CAVADI | NCAA.COM | OCTOBER 25, 2019

The 15 best DII football players you (maybe) haven't heard of, but should

Senior quarterback Jacob Park is receiving D2 national attention - great, but what happened before that?

All everything quarterback coming out of high school in South Carolina.

4-STAR college recruit with offers from Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Notre Dame, Tennessee.

Went to the University of Georgia

Transferred to Iowa State and became the starting quarterback.

Transferred to Northeastern Oklahoma A&M

Transferred to Missouri Southern

How do you go from 4-star qb recruit at Georgia to playing qb at Mo South or any other D2 school? Great get for Missouri Southern.
    Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 11-01-2019, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Big deal. Moso left that guy and the starters in whole game to get that 500yarr game when up by 40 points .

Jerk move

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
        Big deal. Moso left that guy and the starters in whole game to get that 500yarr game when up by 40 points .

Jerk move
        I thought that too at first, but I asked around and found out is this:

At that game Southern's 2 back up QB's were injured and didn't suit up, so the back up to Park was one of the starting WR. MSSU was very thin on the OL at depth, but what MSSU had was rotated in from what I heard. Can't speak to the D as I didn't ask about that. Be that as it may, Park appears to be having a good season and was a good pickup for Southern. Just happy that someone from the MIAA is getting some national press.

It appears you may be from Northeastern and I understand where you are coming from.

Comment

Jerk move
          It's not The MSSU coach's job to stop his offense.

Comment

If I heard right, at his interview after the game Sims said something to this: "The last few years these two teams has had some battles and been in close games. I wanted to show the separation between these two schools and show our progress."

If he wants to do that try beating someone that is actually good.

Saying that I do want to say that I'm with PP on this. It's not Sims job to play defense for NSU.

Comment

PSR, Southern plays on the road at Central Oklahoma November 2nd, then home against Emporia then they close the season at Pitt. I think those 3 games will say a lot about where they are in regards to turning the program. MIAA has been an interesting conference this year.

Comment

Jerk move
                If you are that butt hurt over getting curb stomped, then petition your school to drop down to NAIA and maybe that won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
                  Senior quarterback Jacob Park is receiving D2 national attention - great, but what happened before that?

All everything quarterback coming out of high school in South Carolina.

4-STAR college recruit with offers from Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Notre Dame, Tennessee.

Went to the University of Georgia

Transferred to Iowa State and became the starting quarterback.

Transferred to Northeastern Oklahoma A&M

Transferred to Missouri Southern

How do you go from 4-star qb recruit at Georgia to playing qb at Mo South or any other D2 school? Great get for Missouri Southern.
                  Look at Markel Smith. I know he wasn't a 4 star but a high 3 star and his route to UCM and then MW was uhm unique to say the least.
                  My wife went to Iowa State so I have become an Iowa State fan, besides the colors match up well with Pitt. When Park was the qb there he battled some personal demons and left the team.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
                    If I heard right, at his interview after the game Sims said something to this: "The last few years these two teams has had some battles and been in close games. I wanted to show the separation between these two schools and show our progress."

If he wants to do that try beating someone that is actually good.

Saying that I do want to say that I'm with PP on this. It's not Sims job to play defense for NSU.
                    No you are right it's not his job

But to have your starting qb in throwing passes in fourth quarter is a jerk move when you are up 50 it just makes game longer.

It was a jerk move to settle some old scores from two coaches juco days. And to show us upon a day we had a bunch of recruits on campus. Bush league.
                    Last edited by the Northeasterner; 11-01-2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

And greenwood bearcat we are not leaving get used to it. All u do Is look like a jerk. You've tried to run everybody out of league at one point or another because they were not good enough for your team . Infact you and other bearcat fans have wished all the expansion team out at one time or another.

but I don't understand why when nsu and nwmo have a lot in common. We both have cool green in our school colors, we both live in small towns on middle of no where and we both have been far in d2 playoffs at least once

And this season we have a new thing in common - we both lost at Kearney one of those no good expansion teams that doesn't belong .

Why all the hate:)

Go nsu

I hope we bore u to death with the longest game ever tom.
                      Last edited by the Northeasterner; 11-01-2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

I sort of hope southern does the same to Pitt.

Comment

Moso sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                            I sort of hope southern does the same to Pitt.
                            Southern's starting QB, barring injury, will be playing and passing in the 4th quarter against Pitt. It is unlikely that Southern will be up 50 then, however.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

If you are that butt hurt over getting curb stomped, then petition your school to drop down to NAIA and maybe that won't happen.
                              How many points do you want to hang on NSU? MoSo was trying for 100... 58 is the average, skewed by MoSo (86) and Lincoln (27).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X