3 Ouachita Baptist 9-0 9-0
    4 Harding 8-1 8-1
    5 UIndy 7-1 7-1
    6 Grand Valley St. 6-1 8-1
    7 Northwest Mo. St. 8-1 8-1
    8 Missouri Western 7-2 7-2
    9 Henderson St. 8-1 8-1
    10 Fort Hays St. 7-2 7-2

What's the point? For the 1-4 teams it's about body of work, for the 5-7 teams it's about saving the NCAA some money.
    Last edited by CatFan88; 11-04-2019, 06:22 PM.
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
      What's the point? For the 1-4 teams it's about body of work, for the 5-7 teams it's about saving the NCAA some money.
      It makes a complete farce of competitive integrity. GV could be given the dream spot and shipped to SR1 as a 6 seed. While NW could get shipped out of an easier region to match up with the Mavs. Maybe FH can go ahead and end this.

Comment

Will the winning 5-7 seeds that get shipped out of Region in round 1 be back in their region for the rest of the playoffs?

Comment

I'm not going to shed any tears for any 5-7 seeds, who are only there because they dropped the ball in the regular season, or any 1-4 seeds who can't handle an import from another SR.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            Will the winning 5-7 seeds that get shipped out of Region in round 1 be back in their region for the rest of the playoffs?
            No, that is impossible. Bracket is set so they can save money in 1 round.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
              I'm not going to shed any tears for any 5-7 seeds, who are only there because they dropped the ball in the regular season, or any 1-4 seeds who can't handle an import from another SR.
              What about the ones that "dropped the ball" that get easier paths out of region?

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                That all depends on how the current region that they are in does. If we happen to get shipped up North to the Mavs, I am pretty sure it won't matter, but probably won't matter anyways because of next two games that NW has.
                Last edited by GreenwoodBearcat; 11-05-2019, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

It makes a complete farce of competitive integrity. GV could be given the dream spot and shipped to SR1 as a 6 seed. While NW could get shipped out of an easier region to match up with the Mavs. Maybe FH can go ahead and end this.
                  GV is going to have to ***** slap Ferris for any chance of a dream spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

What about the ones that "dropped the ball" that get easier paths out of region?
                    Why would I shed tears for a team that gets an unwarranted benefit? I guess maybe the better phrase on that side of the coin would be losing sleep, so I'll try it this way: I'm not going to lose any sleep over GVSU getting to lose in the third round instead of the first.

I'm not saying the change was a good one, but I don't think your assessment of this change as making a farce of competitive integrity is accurate. It sounds more like the unbalanced regions are what have made a farce of competitive integrity and this is just a different approach--arguably a cost saving approach--that doesn't do anything to solve that underlying issue and maybe changes, in an essentially neutral manner, who that issue might impact.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

Why would I shed tears for a team that gets an unwarranted benefit? I guess maybe the better phrase on that side of the coin would be losing sleep, so I'll try it this way: I'm not going to lose any sleep over GVSU getting to lose in the third round instead of the first.

I'm not saying the change was a good one, but I don't think your assessment of this change as making a farce of competitive integrity is accurate. It sounds more like the unbalanced regions are what have made a farce of competitive integrity and this is just a different approach--arguably a cost saving approach--that doesn't do anything to solve that underlying issue and maybe changes, in an essentially neutral manner, who that issue might impact.
                      Silo scheduling is a farce of competitive integrity.

Comment

can you all please quit commenting on this thread and be quiet. Coach Beck is sitting by the playoff phone waiting for it to ring, he would hate not to hear it ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                          can you all please quit commenting on this thread and be quiet. Coach Beck is sitting by the playoff phone waiting for it to ring, he would hate not to hear it ring.
                          You might sneak into his office and make sure you label the two phones. One with "Playoff Game" and the other with "Bowl Game"

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

You might sneak into his office and make sure you label the two phones. One with "Playoff Game" and the other with "Bowl Game"
                            Great idea! For the record I would switch them so he would pick it up and we could get an extra 3 weeks of practice.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X