Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ferris won, UCM won, OBU won, Harding won, Indy blasting Truman, GVSU lost, NW won, MW lost, FHSU lost, Henderson won.
    1. Ferris St.
    2. UCM
    3. OBU
    4. Indy
    5. Harding
    6. NW
    7. Henderson St.
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Lindenwood ended up winning the GLVC.

Comment

If NWMSU and HSU come away with wins next week, the playoff qualifiers will be straight forward. Of course, they're both playing higher-ranked teams...

Comment

Originally posted by codeblack View Post

How exactly would that happen?
          It wouldn't, but it should. Death to the silo crap!

Comment

So will LWood get in via EA?

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
              So will LWood get in via EA?
              I asked, and thats not how ea works

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                Lindenwood ended up winning the GLVC.
                Don't you think they are kicking themselves for not getting 1 win against MSU or Davenport? Get 1 of those and you are in PO's most likely.
                Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power
                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Don't you think they are kicking themselves for not getting 1 win against MSU or Davenport? Get 1 of those and you are in PO's most likely.
                  Could you imagine the uproar if they made the playoffs by switching conferences after finishing 10th in another conference in the same region a year earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Could you imagine the uproar if they made the playoffs by switching conferences after finishing 10th in another conference in the same region a year earlier?
                    Could be an uproar if silo gets 3.
                    Go Hounds!
                    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                    Cyclone Power
                    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Could be an uproar if silo gets 3.
                      Interesting observation. Consider the following though.

Was there an uproar in 2016 when NW Missouri, Emporia State and Central Missouri of the MIAA were in the playoffs?
                      What of the year before when Augustana, Minnesota State Mankato and Sioux Falls from the NSIC (not a silo but still three teams) entered the playoffs? Interesting point you ask, but are you upset because it is a silo conference in particular or that any conference places three teams?

Based on the games of this weekend both the GAC could have three teams that in the Top 25 that are in the Regional Rankings and have only one loss to each other; the MIAA would have two. Would not the head to head opponent win/loss weigh more favorably? Both conference could have one loss teams in the Top 15 this weekend with each of those teams (exception of Henderson State) currently in the Regional Rankings.

Both of the silo conference (GAC and MIAA) has teams that have only one loss to another RR team/Top 20 team at the time of their loss (exception being NW Missouri's loss) so do they not deserve being in the playoffs?

I am glad that the GAC, in its short history, has the potential for 3 teams to qualify for the playoffs. the conference is becoming more and more a factor in the region and the quality of their competitiveness is rising.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisonfan from FLA View Post

Was there an uproar in 2016 when NW Missouri, Emporia State and Central Missouri of the MIAA were in the playoffs?
                        What of the year before when Augustana, Minnesota State Mankato and Sioux Falls from the NSIC (not a silo but still three teams) entered the playoffs? Interesting point you ask, but are you upset because it is a silo conference in particular or that any conference places three teams?

Based on the games of this weekend both the GAC could have three teams that in the Top 25 that are in the Regional Rankings and have only one loss to each other; the MIAA would have two. Would not the head to head opponent win/loss weigh more favorably? Both conference could have one loss teams in the Top 15 this weekend with each of those teams (exception of Henderson State) currently in the Regional Rankings.

Both of the silo conference (GAC and MIAA) has teams that have only one loss to another RR team/Top 20 team at the time of their loss (exception being NW Missouri's loss) so do they not deserve being in the playoffs?

I am glad that the GAC, in its short history, has the potential for 3 teams to qualify for the playoffs. the conference is becoming more and more a factor in the region and the quality of their competitiveness is rising.
                        Read my post. I didn't say there would be an uproar, said there could be. Any uproar probably come from those fans of teams who play non-conference games or feel the GAC is somehow inferior. As for being upset, not true. I've felt for at least past couple of weeks if Henderson St. kept winning and if won out, the GAC would get 3 teams in. Some said no way, that the NCAA would follow some 2-2-2-1 format. I don't care how many teams a conference gets into the PO's if they deserve to be there. Right now, based on overall record, the GAC deserves to have 3.
                        Last edited by CatFan88; 11-11-2019, 07:27 PM.
                        Go Hounds!
                        B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                        Cyclone Power
                        ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Read my post. I didn't say there would be an uproar, said there could be. Any uproar probably come from those fans of teams who play non-conference games or feel the GAC is somehow inferior. As for being upset, not true. I've felt for at least past couple of weeks if Henderson St. kept winning and if won out, the GAC would get 3 teams in. Some said no way, that the NCAA would follow some 2-2-2-1 format. I don't care how many teams a conference gets into the PO's if they deserve to be there. Right now, based on overall record, the GAC deserves to have 3.
                          Agreed, you did say "could be" and I did not intend to offer offense or suggest an uproar was coming. Please accept my apology if offense was taken.

By referring to previous years when a conference had three teams in the playoffs my intention was to show that there was no uproar at that time so why would someone expect an uproar this year. I see from my post that I asked if you were "upset because it is a silo conference in particular or that any conference places three teams?" That should have been phrased differently or not written to sound like it was thrown at you personally. I only wanted to support the efforts of a conference when they have a strong number of teams that makes for interesting RR and playoff possibilities.

Most uproars would be, as you state, coming from those who play non-conference games or feel the GAC is somehow inferior. I agree with you and appreciate your open-mindedness and appreciation for good teams representing their conference.

"I don't care how many teams a conference gets into the PO's if they deserve to be there. Right now, based on overall record, the GAC deserves to have 3." Thank you for your support of the GAC.

Upon reflection I see that I wrote my post because it has seemed that the GAC, in its 7 year history, has been more like the red-headed step-sister of SR3. I feel like the possibility of the conference having 3 teams in the playoffs as well as in the top 15 would, could, should be appreciated and respected. Sprinkle in a few playoff victories and what a great rise and contribution this conference has seen.

Again, if I offended anyone, please forgive. Just proud of our conference and it's contribution to SR3.
                          Last edited by Bisonfan from FLA; 11-12-2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Upon reflection I see that I wrote my post because it has seemed that the GAC, in its 7 year history, has been more like the red-headed step-sister of SR3.
                            Don't be silly, the GLVC is the red-headed step-sister of SR3.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

Don't be silly, the GLVC is the red-headed step-sister of SR3.
                              Thanks neighbor...looking out for each other. I like that!

Comment

There is no way to currently validate that a 10-1 GAC team is better than a 9-2 MIAA or GLIAC team. The GAC could be complete trash with 3 other mediocre teams. Didn't a GAC fan post recently about OBU not being as good as they have in the past, yet they still have went unbeaten to this point. Not a ringing endorsement of the conference. Like the MIAA (and former region member the NSIC) you only play with yourselves.

Who is betting in favor of any of the 3 teams at the top of the GAC beating NW or GV should they meet in the POs?

I've been a firm believer in the 2-2-2-1 PO format. However, it will be interesting to see what happens should we get 3 teams that are 10-1 that have played the exact same schedule and have the exact same resume. They are carbon copies of each other. How would you determine who gets what seed because someone is getting a home game. OBU because they are undefeated on the road?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X