Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    I purchased the NWMSU @ FHSU game Saturday. Is there a way to watch a replay?

If you have a season pass, yes, you have access to the finished games on-demand. Not sure if you have rights to just that game on a single-game pass, though ....

Comment

Originally posted by lleachieshusband View Post

If you have a season pass, yes, you have access to the finished games on-demand. Not sure if you have rights to just that game on a single-game pass, though ....
      Thanks for info...will see what I can figure out

Comment

Question on officiating............................during NW/FHS game and after the safety. FH kicked off from the 20 as they shouild. NW called for a fair catch and the officials gave them the ball on their own 25. I was thinking they may have made a mistake and should have given NW the ball on the 40. Thoughts for those that know?

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
          Question on officiating............................during NW/FHS game and after the safety. FH kicked off from the 20 as they shouild. NW called for a fair catch and the officials gave them the ball on their own 25. I was thinking they may have made a mistake and should have given NW the ball on the 40. Thoughts for those that know?
          In a quick check of the rule book I don't see an exception for the free kick after a safety - if the fair catch is inside the 25, it is brought out to the 25.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

In a quick check of the rule book I don't see an exception for the free kick after a safety - if the fair catch is inside the 25, it is brought out to the 25.
            It doesn't seem consistent in my opinion. They should ;have tried to return it as I think it was caught on about the 15 or 20. On a free kick out of bounds, the ball is placed on the 35. I watched a game on TV where after a safety the ball was kicked out of bounds and brought out to the 50. Kinda makes you scratch your head a bit or at least my head. LOL
            Last edited by Thepeman; 11-11-2019, 04:35 PM.

Comment

It doesn't seem consistent in my opinion. They should ;have tried to return it as I think it was caught on about the 15 or 20. On a free kick out of bounds, the ball is placed on the 35. I watched a game on TV where after a safety the ball was kicked out of bounds and brought out to the 50. Kinda makes you scratch your head a bit or at least my head. LOL
              On the free kick out of bounds, the penalty is from the spot of the kick.

On a fair catch, the location of the catch is the issue.

Comment

Since the two rules have different justifications/incentives, they shouldn't be consistent. One is done to penalize the offending team, one is done incentivize not returning the kick.

Comment

Saturday was a great game, one of the best I have watched in the MIAA, definitely had the feel of playoffs. I am not blaming officiating but felt that the officiating was subpar for such a high caliber game. Lots of obvious missed calls both ways. Almost had the feeling that the officials wanted to stay out of the game too much and not impact it which came back and actually impacted the game more.

Comment

From having the sound on in the background it sure sounded like the officials were in on every play! Can you give me some examples of what you're talking about so I can check on them?

Comment

Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post
                      Saturday was a great game, one of the best I have watched in the MIAA, definitely had the feel of playoffs. I am not blaming officiating but felt that the officiating was subpar for such a high caliber game. Lots of obvious missed calls both ways. Almost had the feeling that the officials wanted to stay out of the game too much and not impact it which came back and actually impacted the game more.
                      Who do you feel received more of the benefit of this impact?

Comment

Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post

Better ball security?

Too soon?
                        FTW

Comment

Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post
                          Oh yes, Helser is the same referee that claimed he didn't see the play when Zimmerman slid at the end of a run and two Tigers nailed him in 2016 at Hays. One was a helmet to helmet and broke Zimmerman's nose. AD was upset with the 'no call.'

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

Oh yes, Helser is the same referee that claimed he didn't see the play when Zimmerman slid at the end of a run and two Tigers nailed him in 2016 at Hays. One was a helmet to helmet and broke Zimmerman's nose. AD was upset with the 'no call.'
                              I remember watching that game and being very upset at many of AD's play calls and the use of personnel. Atrocious.....

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Is he the freak of nature TE
                                That's Wendelberger, he's a Sr. I wish we could clone that kid.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X