Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWMSU @ FHSU

Big gut check for the Tiger Defense... My prediction is FHSU 24 - NWMSU 17

This is one where I can honestly see just about anything happening. NW blowing FH out, NW getting blown out, or a squeaker. None of those would really surprise me - although NW really blowing FH out of the water would be the biggest shocker. A lot depends on which playbook the OC's decide to pack. Regardless- seems like someone from NW always gets hurt out at Hays.
    Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
      This is one where I can honestly see just about anything happening. NW blowing FH out, NW getting blown out, or a squeaker. None of those would really surprise me - although NW really blowing FH out of the water would be the biggest shocker. A lot depends on which playbook the OC's decide to pack. Regardless- seems like someone from NW always gets hurt out at Hays.
      I'd rather not see someone get injured, but it's apart of the game! Hays is expecting a huge turnout. + NWMSU travels well... Place is going to be packed!

Comment

Been a few years since NW made the trip out west.

Comment

Comment

I will be there. Hays is a nice town - its too bad you have to drive across Kansas to get there.
            Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Have to think members of the offensive staff are coaching for their jobs this week. A poor performance v. Hays and any logical fan could conclude RW would be completely justified in making a change on that side of the ball. A bunch of yards and points v. Lincoln and NSU is just following the status quo for the rest of the league. This is a similar spot as travelling to UNK. FH has given up a load of points v. much of the league. The time has come for the offense to step up and not come up small in a big spot. 15 year playoff streak on the line.

Side note: UNK has avg. giving up 42 pts. the past 2 weeks after NW scored 17, which is the lowest UNK has allowed this season besides Lincoln and NSU. The UNK loss was not on the defense. UNK has only scored fewer pts v. Pitt (14) and UCO (23)

Comment

Fart Hayes in a blow-out. NW OC's crap themselves and can't figure out. BW craps himself as well.

Comment

The last two meetings, in Maryville, resulted in one point wins for Hays with one big pass play being the difference. Northwest wants revenge, but is this the offense to get it done? If the offense plays loose, the Bearcats can roll to a win. If they play tight, or take a quarter off, Hays will eke out a win. I shudder to think that Northwest will finish 8-3; yet, if they let this one get away, it is a strong possibility.

Comment

I might watch this one instead of watching Washburn beat Pitt by 40+

Comment

Comment

I don't feel good about this one at all. If Wright has another game where he can't throw, we're in trouble. On defense, we have to get off the field on third down, but I think Hays will be able to throw on us. I'm kind of feeling another low scoring close game, but Hays has kind of had our number. I almost feel more confident about playing UCM, but maybe that's just because of the recent history. At least I don't think there's any way possible we could be looking ahead to that game!

Comment

The Fort Hays receiving core is one of the best in the conference if not the nation, not to mention Fuller is ranked in the top 10 in the nation at the QB position! I get more excited for this game every year than I do for any other...

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                            Cool Story Bro

Comment

Like almost all games I think two major things will be the deciding factors.
                              #1 and the most obvious, will be the turnover battle. Both teams really need to be able to "throw caution to the wind" and take chances in this game. However, in this series,it seems to be the DNA of both coaches and programs to play these games very tight to the vest. If one or the other has the stones to come our and play very aggressive offensively, and they are able to do so without turning the ball over more than once that team will be the victor.
                              #2, and this relates very closely to #1, the winner will be decided in the trenches in this game. (And that scares me to death on one side of the ball!)
                              A) NW will struggle like all teams have, to cover the Hays receivers. Thus, look for a tremendous pass rush from all angles to be unleashed. I think the bullets will all be fired early and often by Coach RW. If the QB is on his backside, he can't throw it. The NW Secondary is the healthiest it has been all season as is the defensive front (Assuming a certain #98 was getting healthy the past two weeks), The question is, are the Bearcat athletes at these two positions equal to the challenge. This will be a serious deciding factor.
                              B)THIS IS THE TRUE DECIDING FACTOR IN THIS GAME!!!!! Will the NW O-Line from the Grand Valley Game last year, and from 1-2 drives each game this year please come to play this week???? If they do, and with an attitude. (MAYBE A TAIL OR TWO MIGHT NEED TO BE TWISTED AT SOME POINT), this game will be won by the Bearcats. NW must be able to run the ball. That is what this team does best. That is where they are most dynamic and it sets up everything else. That is a key difference in a college football world that works just about the direct opposite these days. When they cant, the Cats' end up in down and distance issues that cause our still young QB to operate in unfavorable circumstances. (See the struggles in third down conversion percentage.) When the Cats have played aggressively up front and with good pad level they have shown to be very capable of handling even the best defenses in the league.
                              This series has provided some seriously classic moments over the years. (Not just the past two games!) The playoff's start now for both teams. I can't wait!!!!!!!!
                              I will throw one thing out for thought. NW has some key Sr's, but......if the MIAA doesn't get them this year (the next 2 weeks).........Look out. The 2 deep is loaded with very young talent!
                              GO CATS!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X