Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot Fans

Heard a rumor that was almost too ridiculous to believe....are there really "fans" that call the coaching staff after games or on Monday mornings to provide their own personal thoughts on the performance of the team, coaching decisions, criticize, or even call for resignations, etc.? Is this really a thing? If so, those people need to stop. That's insane. Coming on this board to do that sort of thing is fine. That's what message boards are for. But calling people personally to discuss your own "expertise" is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If you're guilty of this, back away from the computer, walk outside, and punch yourself in the face a couple dozen times. If you know anyone guilty of this, let them know how stupid they are so they can consider finding something else to do with all of their free time.

Unless you have a close personal relationship with one of the coaches, anything more than a congratulatory text message or email is out of line. Get it together, folks.

Unfortunately this is true. Look at Florida State this year and other schools. Major donors drive the bus because of their financial support and it is not just a power five thing. Now if you are talking about people in the 'Ville and their personal relationships with the coaches/former players, I would tend to agree with you to tell them to lighten up. Unless something crazy happens, NW will be in the playoffs again this year but they may not win the conference. The era of dominance may be fading a bit but the are still relevant and competing for conference titles and the playoffs. What more can a fan ask? Then again, NW is much closer to Nebraska and "that mentality". How long has it been now since the Huskers have been irrelevant since the fired Solich? I also think some at Pitt will say that their phone calls were received but unanswered in terms of changes and look at the state of that program.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
      Unfortunately this is true. Look at Florida State this year and other schools. Major donors drive the bus because of their financial support and it is not just a power five thing. Now if you are talking about people in the 'Ville and their personal relationships with the coaches/former players, I would tend to agree with you to tell them to lighten up. Unless something crazy happens, NW will be in the playoffs again this year but they may not win the conference. The era of dominance may be fading a bit but the are still relevant and competing for conference titles and the playoffs. What more can a fan ask? Then again, NW is much closer to Nebraska and "that mentality". How long has it been now since the Huskers have been irrelevant since the fired Solich? I also think some at Pitt will say that their phone calls were received but unanswered in terms of changes and look at the state of that program.
      I'm speaking more to what happens in the confines of the NW program, rather than college football at large. NW doesn't have donors giving huge sums of money on the scale of Florida State or Nebraska, so that's a bit of a different circumstance. If I gave $500,000 dollars to any cause, I'd expect to have my opinion heard, albeit in a professional way such as a meeting or something. Not just making threatening or intimidating calls to a coach, which is what I understand happens with a few of the NW faithful.

Comment

Fans or fanatics?

Comment

There are always people who think that they are more important than they really are. Once in a great while I will send a congratulatory email after a big game or great performance- but only done that a handful of times in my life. I figure even that can be a distraction in preparation for the next week
          Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Same as it ever was.

Comment

I called Andy Reid and told him to sit LeSean McCoy today. It looks like he listened.

Comment

Comment

this just seems crazy to me. i complain and criticize on here, but am not foolish enough to think i see something the coaches don't...i run into all of the coaches on campus pretty regularly, can't imagine telling them "you should play or you should run ....seriously coach, you should listen to the sign shop guy...

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    Same as it ever was.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	hqdefault.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	449843

Comment

It is obviously inappropriate and counter productive, to bother the coaches during the season. But, as I think about it a bit more, I kind of think that the alternative in this very selfish, nosy, and disrespectful day and time is most likely apathy or not having enough fans that give a crap about the fortunes of the team and program. Many need to get a life and realize they would not like the same treatment in their personal lives, but I rather doubt that will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Shanks Alot View Post
                        It is obviously inappropriate and counter productive, to bother the coaches during the season. But, as I think about it a bit more, I kind of think that the alternative in this very selfish, nosy, and disrespectful day and time is most likely apathy or not having enough fans that give a crap about the fortunes of the team and program. Many need to get a life and realize they would not like the same treatment in their personal lives, but I rather doubt that will happen.
                        Pitt is almost there

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X