Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCM @ NW

It comes down to the last week of the season to see if the Mules will win an outright conference title or share it with the mighty Bearcats. What are one's thoughts on the game? Will UCM get their first outright conference title since 1988? Which coincidentally is the last year the conference conference didn't have Pitt State.

A mule win should give them a first round bye but would guarantee them a home playoff game. their first since 2010. A loss, secures them a playoff game but not necessarily a home playoff game.

The mules defense has improved over the course of the year but an injury to Kolesen Crane yesterday, the only senior on the defense, will hurt. Can this young group of mule defenders stop the run and force NW to throw without selling out? Can the Mules offense under Bolles effectively move the ball with a mixture of run/pass which has historically been a struggle against NW? Two years ago the Mules got burned late to allow NW to come back and win. Last year without Bolles the game was over before it even started and the Mules darn near had their consecutive game scoring streak end.

Is this the year of the Mule? Will Bolles 3.0 wins one in the 'Ville to give 'Boda his first conference title and the Mules their first undefeated regular season? I say YES.

Ferris St. clinched #1 seed in SR3. UCM in PO's no matter what happens against NW. Good luck next weekend. Should be good atmosphere.
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

I posted this earlier today in another thread. It was in reference to Bolles 1.0 and Bolles 2.0 who both played on NC teams at NW.

I'm sure that they will be rooting for their little brother; yet, I wonder if they will use the sideline pass that former Bearcat players receive or sit in the stands in the northeast corner with the Mules fans? Bearcat fans better pack the house. Biggest FB game in the MIAA this season! Will the Mules take all the marbles, or will they have to share them with Northwest?

Comment

Should be fun to watch. Ucm is all flash, nw is all bang.

Comment

If NW wins, they get a share of the conference title, possible home PO game, and keep the Mooles down, though UCM still gets in. If UCM wins, they win the conference outright, gets at least one home PO game, and send the Cats on the road for the POs.

Family first so I hope the older Bolles brothers are sitting with UCM supporting their younger brother, all while silently cheering for the Cats.

Comment

Hey fellas, one of the announcers on the Truman vs UIndy broadcast yesterday mentioned that the UCM at NW game will be one of the two D2 showcase games for week 11.

Comment

I was thinking it will take 40 points to win this game. I checked Massey and it predicts NW 41-38. Hmmm, I thought Central would be the favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                I was thinking it will take 40 points to win this game. I checked Massey and it predicts NW 41-38. Hmmm, I thought Central would be the favorite.
                Well that does it, UCM can stay home and mail the ship to NW! :)

Comment

Comment

No. Nice try though.

Comment

Having no dog in this fight and having seen each team play first hand and on tape I would say UCM in a very tight one. Bolles is the difference. UCM is more explosive, NW is better at the line of scrimmage.

Comment

It hits me tonight....... Where is JuicedMule with all this happening? There is a poster that would always keep me entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post
                          It hits me tonight....... Where is JuicedMule with all this happening? There is a poster that would always keep me entertained.
                          Ya, JM is a funny guy and he was good at keeping the 'mooles' sisterhood in check. He joined the board in 2010 and last posted on 9/19/2018.. The last 3 years or so, he would post until the Mules lost a game or two and then disappear until the next season. If he retired from the board, he picked an odd time to do it with the Mules standing at 10-0. Maybe he will pop up this week with Northwest on the Mule's menu..

Hey Juice, are you lurking? I'm guessing you are.........it's time to make your grand entrance big fella..
                          Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 11-12-2019, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Yep if he is lurking, now would be a great time for the entire board LOL.

I want to pick UCM this week, because I think they might pull off the win. It's going to be a tough game. The Bearcats are not going to lay down here. I know you and everybody else knows that. We might get the NWMSU posters to sandbag a bit, but this is a big game for them, so I'm not bitimg.

Comment

edge to the more consistent higher performing sr qb
                              the rest of our roster will probably not make up the diff
                              having said that central is beatable......i would guess if they played 10 times cm wins 6. something like that.
                              if we play our best we can win. & i expect us to play well frankly.
                              but i also expect cm to play well - it's been a long time coming for them & their record tells me they're ready as well.
                              for us.....win the los & t.o. battle to compensate for the qb disparity & let the chips fall where they may.
                              Go Bearcats!
                              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X