Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redready View Post

Did the GLVC win a PO game last year against the MIAA?
    Oops.....that was a bad whiff on my part.... lol. After shooting my mouth off, you just know the Mules will end up playing those "half blind" Indy dogs and (god forbid) get beat. I would never hear the end of that. I need to start doing my homework before posting.
    Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 11-14-2019, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

Oops.....that was a bad whiff on my part.... lol. After shooting my mouth off, you just know the Mules will end up playing those "half blind" Indy dogs and (god forbid) get beat. I would never hear the end of that. I need to start doing my homework before posting.
      It's all good. I think UCM should be good there. This weekend would be great to watch, but I have one to worry about on my own. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post

It's all good. I think UCM should be good there. This weekend would be great to watch, but I have one to worry about on my own. :)
        Hey, good luck to the Reddies, Hope you can hang a loss on your cross town rival.

P.S. You realize that (AD) Shawn Jones is just on loan to you guys and when our AD retires, we're going to want Shawn back. Shawn has done a good job at Henderson State. Plus, he's a great radio announcer and I understand he occasionally will do a radio broadcast for a road game (not sure which sports). At UCM he was great on the radio for football, basketball, and baseball.

Comment

Hey, good luck to the Reddies, Hope you can hang a loss on your cross town rival.

P.S. You realize that (AD) Shawn Jones is just on loan to you guys and when our AD retires, we're going to want Shawn back. Shawn has done a good job at Henderson State. Plus, he's a great radio announcer and I understand he occasionally will do a radio broadcast for a road game (not sure which sports). At UCM he was great on the radio for football, basketball, and baseball.
          Thank You.
          Shawn is a friend and I would hate to see him leave. By the way, we're proud to have Hayden Hawk who is doing a great job as our OC/QB coach. Kinda hope we keep both these guys around for a bit.
          Good luck to you guys too.

Comment

NW completely controls their destiny. Win and in. Home PO game likely if MW, Pitt and UCO take care of business (not expecting WU to win at UNK, but would be awesome if they did).
            Last edited by CatFan88; 11-14-2019, 08:50 PM.
            Go Hounds!
            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
            Cyclone Power
            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

How old are his kids now?

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                NW completely controls their destiny. Win and in. Home PO game likely if MW, Pitt and UCO take care of business (not expecting WU to win at UNK, but would be awesome if they did).
                Why do you want WU to beat UNK?

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Appreciate your thoughts.

University athletic's conference affiliations at small schools like LU aren't made with only Football (or even mostly) in mind. LU essentially cut their travel budget by a third (conservatively) with this move. While this is a football board, and we all love this sport, dollars and cents are a cold, hard, emotionless fact.

I can see why you might say LU would finish in the bottom half of the MIAA. I will say this is clearly an improved LU team, especially as the season's gone on. What would a full season have looked like? We won't ever know. If the chips fall right, perhaps we'll get to see the two conference champs face off in the first round?
                  You know NW would beat you. MoWest would beat you. UNK would beat you. At best you upset Pitt but probably not

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Why do you want WU to beat UNK?
                    NW has a road loss against .500 team or better (UNK). If 5-5 UCO beats 3-7 ESU, 5-5 PSU beats 2-8 MSSU, 5-5 WU beats 6-4 UNK and NW beats 10-0 UCM that would give NW a 6-1 mark against .500 or better. Harding lost on road to OBU, Henderson lost on road to Harding and Indy lost on road to Lindenwood. Add the fact that MW is ranked regionally and BETTER beat Lincoln, that would give NW a 2-0 mark against regionally ranked teams. Add to that a 10-1 overall record and 10-1 regional record could give NW the potential for 2 or 3 seed and no less than a 4 seed?
                    Last edited by CatFan88; 11-14-2019, 10:19 PM.
                    Go Hounds!
                    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                    Cyclone Power
                    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

NW has a road loss against .500 team or better (UNK). If 5-5 UCO beats 3-7 ESU, 5-5 PSU beats 2-8 MSSU, 5-5 WU beats 6-4 UNK and NW beats 10-0 UCM that would give NW a 6-1 mark against .500 or better. Harding lost on road to OBU, Henderson lost on road to Harding and Indy lost on road to Lindenwood. Add the fact that MW is ranked regionally and BETTER beat Lincoln, that would give NW a 2-0 mark against regionally ranked teams. Add to that a 10-1 overall record and 10-1 regional record could give NW the potential for 2 or 3 seed and no less than a 4 seed?
                      Thanks for the details.

Comment

I believe that if a team is regionally ranked at any time, they are considered a regionally ranked opponent so it would 3-0 counting Hays.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

I believe that if a team is regionally ranked at any time, they are considered a regionally ranked opponent so it would 3-0 counting Hays.
                          Is record against RRO something that's even considered? This isn't D3...

Comment

+1 Shawn jones radio. Always liked his calls.

Comment

The Elwood QB was great as a frosh and a pretty young team all around. With a year's improvement, I don't think it's a terrible assumption to think they might have won some of the close games they lost last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                                The Elwood QB was great as a frosh and a pretty young team all around. With a year's improvement, I don't think it's a terrible assumption to think they might have won some of the close games they lost last year.
                                Maybe, but offense was never their problem. Their defense had problems every year in the MIAA, even during the Connor Harris era....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X