Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hays won't go to bowl game

https://www.hdnews.net/sports/201911...aturday-at-nsu

interesting school of thought. I would think most coaches would want to have the extra 3 weeks of practice and the bowl game is just a cherry on top. Maybe $ is coming into play too. I'm sure going to a D2 bowl game is a money loser for athletic departments.

Comment

No inside info. here just a thought. Maybe the HC is in the running for another job at the end of the year a bowl game would just get in the way?

Comment

Wow! Very interesting public comments from a HC. No boring cliches there. Just flat threw his underclassmen under the proverbial bus. Definitely went #allin. Will be very interesting to see what happens next season should FH not make the POs again. He's already shot his shot. I stated to others that the loser of the game last Saturday was going to be gutted with the effort it took from each team in FH's Super Bowl. He does realize it was an extremely talented SENIOR that made the final fatal mistake in the game correct? Which ultimately ended FH's chance at the POs. All those summer weights, 7on7s, everything day in, day out didn't stop that from happening.

I will be very interested to see how HCRW handles the situation should NW not be selected for the POs on Sunday. Do they turn down a bowl game as well?

Comment

I wonder if it was Brown's decision or if the team voted? After reading the article, it sounds like it was a unilateral decision.
          Last edited by NW Normal; 11-14-2019, 09:48 AM. Reason: added comment after reading article

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
            I wonder if it was Brown's decision or if the team voted?
            All indications from the article it was Brown's.

Comment

Interesting.

I've always looked at D2 Bowl Games not as consolations, but as rewards to up-and-coming programs. Obviously, some of the better programs will dip down on occasion, but that's okay too.

I just hope the HC looked each senior in the eye as he told them he was personally ending their careers a game early. I doubt it though...

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Honesty I'm not mad about it. Coach Brown expects more of his players and they didn't live up to their potential this year. Fort Hays is no longer in the era of being happy with a bowl game Brown expects results and they just didn't produce this year. There honestly was no reason why we shouldn't have been in the running for a conference championship other then the kids didn't play up to their potential. I agree why reward them for not being the best they could be.

Comment

Originally posted by FortHays View Post
                    Honesty I'm not mad about it. Coach Brown expects more of his players and they didn't live up to their potential this year. Fort Hays is no longer in the era of being happy with a bowl game Brown expects results and they just didn't produce this year. There honestly was no reason why we shouldn't have been in the running for a conference championship other then the kids didn't play up to their potential. I agree why reward them for not being the best they could be.
                    Nobody says you have to be "happy" with a bowl game. But if your alternative is no game at all, I'll take the game, personally.

Maybe it is about the finances or some other factor behind the scenes, but to turn down an opportunity for your seniors to play one last game, and for your underclassmen to put more work in for a few extra weeks, seems pretty ridiculous, given the limited number of games you get to play in football.

Comment

Comment

Good if UNK wins they would gladly take their spot!

Comment

Comment

Odd that a coach would think his program is too good for a Bowl game when his next playoff win will be his first.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X