Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post
    Odd that a coach would think his program is too good for a Bowl game when his next playoff win will be his first.
    Has a recruit ever been swayed by a Mineral water bowl trophy?

Comment

Can look at it that way, but there's the opposite too. Long, grinding season with no chance at ultimate prize. Maybe just glad to be done so can sit back and relax for awhile.
      Go Hounds!
      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
      Cyclone Power
      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

Has a recruit ever been swayed by a Mineral water bowl trophy?

Comment

Interesting indeed. Unless someone from within the program comes out and states clearly why, we will never know for sure if the players themselves made this decision or the coach. I for one am leaning to the belief that Brown is on the move elsewhere and thus is not a distraction to the team and university.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Odd that a coach would think his program is too good for a Bowl game when his next playoff win will be his first.
                    Coach Brown is 1-3 in the post season - he's got no room to argue his team has 'arrived'. If he thinks an extra game is a consolation prize of snacks and juice boxes - i honestly hope the team that takes the bid comes back next year and whips FHSU and dances around with juice boxes afterwards.

Comment

Tough love? Kansas is a funny state and has an even funnier state of mind.

Comment

It is an odd mindset imo. I can see it but he has allowed 2 1 pt. victories over NW to think he is more than early 2010s MoWest.
                        Last edited by Taxman; 11-15-2019, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Sure there are a lot of plays throughout a game and a season. But the post season aspirations ended on a mistake by a SENIOR. Not an underclassman. Is he really still mad about underclassmen under performing in games 1 and 2?

Comment

While I think this board is largely making much ado about nothing as far as letting the kids play in a consolation bowl, the weirdest part of this decision for me is that if your underclassmen aren't developing the way you'd want them to, wouldn't a little extra practice here at the end of the season be helpful? Give the seniors a couple of days off of practice and have those underclassmen go through life without them and see what it will be like next year.

And if Hays thinks they'll benefit more from having Al McCray out recruiting, they can still do that while prepping a bowl game. They have another offensive assistant listed among their coaches with WR experience. The idea of having a practice with one coach missing because he's out recruiting doesn't seem like that tough of an idea.

It's hard to not think this could mean Brown is leaving. However, if he's not coming to Pitt (and I have no compelling reason to think he is), it's hard to guess where he'd be going.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                              interesting school of thought. I would think most coaches would want to have the extra 3 weeks of practice and the bowl game is just a cherry on top. Maybe $ is coming into play too. I'm sure going to a D2 bowl game is a money loser for athletic departments.
                              Beck is still waiting for the Playoff Phone to ring.

Comment

Interesting to hear thoughts of others on here, its what message boards are for but none of us are with the team, were in team meetings, or are a senior on that team. To some it is an interesting choice and to some it is a statement. What I do know is Coach Brown is a players coach and he raises the players like his own sons, maybe he is trying to teach them a life lesson.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X