Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post
    Interesting to hear thoughts of others on here, its what message boards are for but none of us are with the team, were in team meetings, or are a senior on that team. To some it is an interesting choice and to some it is a statement. What I do know is Coach Brown is a players coach and he raises the players like his own sons, maybe he is trying to teach them a life lesson.
    yep, if you don't reach the goal you set for yourself, take your ball and go home...

Comment

i would be pissed as a parent. what, i could have watched my kid play football in college one more time, but the game is beneath you?? can't imagine that wouldn't leave a sour taste...

Comment

I can see both sides of it.
        One one hand...We all say we want a coach who demands excellence and accountability, yet when one shows up, he's getting bashed for that very thing.

On the other hand... He said the Seniors worked their tails off, so it is pretty punitive to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

Sure there are a lot of plays throughout a game and a season. But the post season aspirations ended on a mistake by a SENIOR. Not an underclassman. Is he really still mad about underclassmen under performing in games 1 and 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            I can see both sides of it.
            One one hand...We all say we want a coach who demands excellence and accountability, yet when one shows up, he's getting bashed for that very thing.

On the other hand... He said the Seniors worked their tails off, so it is pretty punitive to them.
            it's all open to interpretation. excellence and accountability aren't the message i interpreted. to me it comes across as we didn't make our main goal, so, we will just quit, this season at least. i'm not bashing the coach and obviously it is his call, i just don't agree with him. so if hays misses the playoffs for 5 years in a row, they still gonna be too good for a bowl? nw has made the playoffs 15 in a row, if they didn't make it this year and refused a bowl game, i would be pretty disappointed in the program. to each his own, it's just not what i would want for my team.

Comment

https://www.hayspost.com/2019/11/12/...conference-21/

Go watch this starting at 8:27 and take it how you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post

yep, if you don't reach the goal you set for yourself, take your ball and go home...
                Or, try again next time. Or, sometimes your best simply isn't good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by FortHays View Post
                  https://www.hayspost.com/2019/11/12/...conference-21/

Go watch this starting at 8:27 and take it how you want.
                  That comes across as though the no bowl game thing was a preseason commitment by the team. If so, it's probably for the best that they stick by it or next year's preseason talk is only talk.

That being said, it's kind of a weird preseason commitment for a team to make. Also, the jump edits of that press conference make it pretty much impossible to understand any of the context of those comments.

Comment

Not sure they would get an invitation anyway. I think the extra practice time helped the Griffons. Doesn't hurt with recruiting either when you can play in the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Godfather View Post
                      Not sure they would get an invitation anyway. I think the extra practice time helped the Griffons. Doesn't hurt with recruiting either when you can play in the postseason.
                      I'd be shocked if they wouldn't have got an invite. 2 very strong loses to UCM and NW both of which they led at one point and came down towards the end of the game.

Now I'd say I doubt anyone calls I am sure those bowls have got word but if the team and coach Brown hadn't said they wouldn't play I am sure they would've got asked.

Comment

I'd be shocked if they wouldn't have got an invite. 2 very strong loses to UCM and NW both of which they led at one point and came down towards the end of the game.

Now I'd say I doubt anyone calls I am sure those bowls have got word but if the team and coach Brown hadn't said they wouldn't play I am sure they would've got asked.
                        Mo West will get an invit . Not sure Hays would have though.

Comment

Interesting to hear thoughts of others on here, its what message boards are for but none of us are with the team, were in team meetings, or are a senior on that team. To some it is an interesting choice and to some it is a statement. What I do know is Coach Brown is a players coach and he raises the players like his own sons, maybe he is trying to teach them a life lesson.
                          What a great life lesson for the seniors.....you lost three games in a premier conference. You suck. No bowl for you!

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

That being said, it's kind of a weird preseason commitment for a team to make.
                            Especially since they started 0-2; basically buried themselves then - this team was never that close. took OT to beat Washburn the third week, should have lost to Pitt could have lost to Kearney.

Comment

Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post

What a great life lesson for the seniors.....you lost three games in a premier conference. You suck. No bowl for you!
                              I agree. It's not too easy to reach the po's in this league. It was likely if MWSU had beat unk the Griffs would have been 9-2 and not got in. Keep in mind One loss would have been to Nw that they lead in the 4th qtr and the other to Ucm in overtime. BUT STILL NOT "GOOD" ENOUGH.

Comment

Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post

You are being dramatic.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X