Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post

Especially since they started 0-2; basically buried themselves then - this team was never that close. took OT to beat Washburn the third week, should have lost to Pitt could have lost to Kearney.
    Did this smooth brain really just use an OT win and should have and could have losses to make a point?

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post

You are being dramatic.
      So's Brown.

Comment

Comment

That is exactly my take. I think this is a decision that Brown did not exclusively make. The last adjective I'd use for him is arrogant.

Comment

My take is this was a team decision. Yes it stinks, but who says life and sports are easy. Simply put, they (coaches and team) set the goals and they didn't reach them so their season ends this week.

Look at it from a different perspective. In basketball prior to the NCAA tourney going to 66 teams, the NIT was a great consolation price and highly competitive and well attended. Now look at it. The NIT is...well....boring and not well attended. Yes it gives some teams opportunities to continue to play but how many NIT teams are in the "big dance" the next year? The goal IS to make the "Big Dance" not I hope to make the NIT. Hays just was honest with folks and saying we are either going to the big dance or calling it a season.

Comment

Last edited by Erbert; 11-16-2019, 04:45 PM. Reason: Left out a few things. Have had a few Boulevard�s.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post

Especially since they started 0-2; basically buried themselves then - this team was never that close. took OT to beat Washburn the third week, should have lost to Pitt could have lost to Kearney.
                  Not that close but had UCM late in the game and NW double OT. Washburn we lost our QB to a very clearly missed roughing the passer of which happened multiple times with no calls. Not sure what you have been watching.

Comment

Comment

Anyone claiming they are quitting on the season is reading some intent there that certainly goes beyond what is written in the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                        Anyone claiming they are quitting on the season is reading some intent there that certainly goes beyond what is written in the article.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X