Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    It seems undeniable that Lwood bought their way into lesser competition, but Shawn is right to apologize for saying that was the reason for the move. Regardless, the Lions have the opportunity to shut him and the rest of us up this weekend.
    i actually disagree with the bolded part.
    the first part of your post is true either way. if they were to win it wouldn't change that.
    it's the cost of such a decision but it's not a significant one as lbh no one's paying attn to such matters outside the 50 ppl registered on d2mb.
    as long as the system is flawed & an easier path exists just from a fb standpoint they made the right move.

shawn was not well served representing henderson st w/ those comments you are right about that as well. the fact that it's true.....it seems at least in the short term as it relates to fb that it was the right move. they can pile up wins, claim they're better than they are, most ppl dk the difference & frankly on some level it's hard to argue, we just know better b/c we're close enough to it all.

& let's also be honest about something else, it doesn't really matter. henderson st isn't the best team in the country nor would they make it out of the region let alone win it all. 2(+) loss teams not making the playoffs from any league is not significant. so lw makes the po's & gets to pretend to be a power until they are exposed. i appreciate where a hs fan is coming from but it's not that big a deal big picture in terms of the d2 playoff.

lw made a shrewd move & they weren't here long enough for me to care about them so lol i certainly don't care that they're gone.

truman st was a much bigger loss imo but it's a personal one b/c of the rivalry we no longer have & history is important to me.

if fhs or kearney or northeastern left tomorrow not that i want them to but i wouldn't care. if cm or mw or ps leaves, lol i'd be pissed. etc.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I think all you have to do is look at a map to understand that the GLVC is a better fit for Lindenwood than the MIAA. As to why they didn't join there to begin with, I have no idea.

I find it ironic that I'm always reading on the MIAA boards that Baptist (who did leave), Lincoln, Northeastern & Southern should leave or be kicked out of the MIAA. Another school that wasn't competing in football, Lindenwood, does leave and the same people are upset.

This whole mess is the fault of Benedictine of Chicago. Had they not reversed their decision to move up to D2 and join the GLVC (with Baptist), Lindenwood would still be in the MIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

i actually disagree with the bolded part.
        the first part of your post is true either way. if they were to win it wouldn't change that.
        it's the cost of such a decision but it's not a significant one as lbh no one's paying attn to such matters outside the 50 ppl registered on d2mb.
        as long as the system is flawed & an easier path exists just from a fb standpoint they made the right move.

shawn was not well served representing henderson st w/ those comments you are right about that as well. the fact that it's true.....it seems at least in the short term as it relates to fb that it was the right move. they can pile up wins, claim they're better than they are, most ppl dk the difference & frankly on some level it's hard to argue, we just know better b/c we're close enough to it all.

& let's also be honest about something else, it doesn't really matter. henderson st isn't the best team in the country nor would they make it out of the region let alone win it all. 2(+) loss teams not making the playoffs from any league is not significant. so lw makes the po's & gets to pretend to be a power until they are exposed. i appreciate where a hs fan is coming from but it's not that big a deal big picture in terms of the d2 playoff.

lw made a shrewd move & they weren't here long enough for me to care about them so lol i certainly don't care that they're gone.

truman st was a much bigger loss imo but it's a personal one b/c of the rivalry we no longer have & history is important to me.

if fhs or kearney or northeastern left tomorrow not that i want them to but i wouldn't care. if cm or mw or ps leaves, lol i'd be pissed. etc.
        Point taken, but if they manage to knock off OBU, they will have done something Henderson State didn't do.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X