Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by optionright View Post
    I remember 2012 when NSU joined the MIAA.

The season opener for us was in Tallequah. Mind you, this was the first game after our national championship. Riverhawks held our rushing to less than a hundred yards, IIRC.
    NSU had a monster o-lineman from OU or OSU? that year. Scuttlebutt around Pittsburg was that one of our star d-lineman would abuse him. That big dude owned/blocked our guy one on one the entire game - without so much as losing the ash from his cigarette. Oh yeah, we won that game, but not by a lot. And I think the Riverhawk coach got fired after the season.

My point in all this? I think NSU was a better team when they joined the league.
    The talent they had was exponentially better then.

Comment

AD Tony Duckworth has been a huge part of this mess for many years. Serious question to Northeasterner .... how has he not been replaced?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncho Bronco View Post
        AD Tony Duckworth has been a huge part of this mess for many years. Serious question to Northeasterner .... how has he not been replaced?
        No joke. My guess was that he wanted them to drop down and handcuffed the program by keeping the existing situation for many years. Unfortunately, the supporters vetoed his idea a couple of years ago and he has decided that this is the kind of team he will allow...

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          This year, they were the worst d2 team I've ever seen. They really do need some help. The coach is in his first year, so maybe they'll improve year to year under him
          From D2 stats site:

Total Defense:

Rank: 166 of 166, Yards per game allowed: 599 (next closest is 535), Yards allowed: 6589 or 8.83 per play, 90 offensive TD's allowed (98 TDs total allowed)

Total Offense:

Rank Tied for 164 of 166, Yards per game 224 (3.47 yards per play), 13 TDs scored in 11 games.

Historically bad on both sides of the ball...

Comment

I know a coaching staff that may be available.
            Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post

From D2 stats site:

Total Defense:

Rank: 166 of 166, Yards per game allowed: 599 (next closest is 535), Yards allowed: 6589 or 8.83 per play, 90 offensive TD's allowed (98 TDs total allowed)

Total Offense:

Rank Tied for 164 of 166, Yards per game 224 (3.47 yards per play), 13 TDs scored in 11 games.

Historicmally bad on both sides of the ball...
              Makes sense. From the eye test, They wouldn't have given a lot of hs teams a competitive game.

Comment

Wow. And I thought TAMUK was chit show right now. Northeastern and TAMUK should play in the Toilet Bowl.

Comment

Their scoring defense is the thing that stands out the most.

Comment

I can't disagree with that . U don't know where this idea came up of nsu wanting to go back to naia . That meeting was rally the boosters meeting . This was a calculated move to start to rebuild . Team had few soph and not many jr . Left I've and walk on seniors and red shirt freshmen. If there isn't improvement it will be duckworth will feel heat before Eacert .

I went to three games this year and willl continue to support nsu . But hopefully this was the bottom of the barrel

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post

I can't disagree with that . U don't know where this idea came up of nsu wanting to go back to naia . That meeting was rally the boosters meeting . This was a calculated move to start to rebuild . Team had few soph and not many jr . Left I've and walk on seniors and red shirt freshmen. If there isn't improvement it will be duckworth will feel heat before Eacert .

I went to three games this year and willl continue to support nsu . But hopefully this was the bottom of the barrel
                      It may have been to rally support, but here is a summary of what happened at the meeting

https://www.muskogeephoenix.com/spor...d5b6a2ca9.html

BTW, the MIAA buyout drops to 50K next year...

Comment

It would be the best $50k they would ever spend.

Comment

Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post
                          I know a coaching staff that may be available.
                          Would be the best thing to happen to either program in the past 5 years.

Comment

Amazed on a daily basis......
                            https://t.co/LHiddsWoaJ?amp=1

Comment

Amazed on a daily basis......
                              https://t.co/LHiddsWoaJ?amp=1
                              QUACK QUACK QUACK, Mr. Duckworth.

Comment

I will make this joke every time....

Comment

Ad3