Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
    Is Patterson really that much of a resource having only been the linebackers coach at PSU for one season?
    Patterson's personal closeness with Jerry Kill, who stayed at Pitt State several years longer, resulted in a stronger tie to the program than you would've expected from only a one year tenure. Also, I could be wrong about this, but I believe that Patterson's one year at Pitt was Tim Beck's GA year at Pitt and that they built a pretty good working relationship in that short time.

Comment

Will Wagner I think would be a great hire, Jerry Partridge is still my favorite pick. Jerry is a great guy and would be scary with the resources that Pitt State could offer him. Jerry belongs as a head coach in the MIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
        Will Wagner I think would be a great hire, Jerry Partridge is still my favorite pick. Jerry is a great guy and would be scary with the resources that Pitt State could offer him. Jerry belongs as a head coach in the MIAA.
        Jerry has pretty good resources at MW and was fired for being mediocre.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

Jerry has pretty good resources at MW and was fired for being mediocre.
          Missouri Western doesn't hold a candle to Pitt State's resources. Jerry was successful at MoWest, things just got stale there.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

We don't want the NWMSU castoffs anyways. #whattheeffisabearcat?
            You should hire Osborn.

Comment

Originally posted by Devin Albertson View Post

Missouri Western doesn't hold a candle to Pitt State's resources. Jerry was successful at MoWest, things just got stale there.
              He had an NFL team move in and build a bunch of ****. They had renovations upcoming. He even had a decent amount of pro potential talent. It just got stale isn't an excuse. I don't think they were even losing coordinators at an accelerated pace.

Comment

Any of the assistant coaches likely to be considered to stay with the Gorilla program?

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
                  Any of the assistant coaches likely to be considered to stay with the Gorilla program?
                  Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

I can see us keeping Lattimer (DLine) but its probably gonna be a througrough house cleaning to be honest.

Comment

Obviously, would be completely dependent on what assistants a new HC brings with him, but I would think the WR coach (Matt Karleskint) and the secondary coach (Korey Lindsey) would get the closest looks to be retained, mainly just because they're the guys who are not ingrained in the program from their personal connections to Coach Beck. I especially think the WRs have been a good group pretty consistently under Karleskint.

No idea why we would keep Lattimer. Which DL have improved since he got here? Sima, Bingamen and Wyrick all peaked in 2017 and have either leveled off or regressed since then. I'd love to keep Dreiling around as a position group coach, but he struck me as just not being ready yet to be the DC. However, I'm guessing HS head coach is in his future.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

Obviously, would be completely dependent on what assistants a new HC brings with him, but I would think the WR coach (Matt Karleskint) and the secondary coach (Korey Lindsey) would get the closest looks to be retained, mainly just because they're the guys who are not ingrained in the program from their personal connections to Coach Beck. I especially think the WRs have been a good group pretty consistently under Karleskint.

No idea why we would keep Lattimer. Which DL have improved since he got here? Sima, Bingamen and Wyrick all peaked in 2017 and have either leveled off or regressed since then. I'd love to keep Dreiling around as a position group coach, but he struck me as just not being ready yet to be the DC. However, I'm guessing HS head coach is in his future.
                        DLine has some pretty consistent All MIAA performers and Lattimer has a keen eye to finding them and getting them to Pitt (He has several more young ones we will get to see soon as well). Karleskint will probably be one of the FIRST to go, rumor has it after Beck resigned all the position coached rounded up their guys and did a mini "touch base" meeting, Karleskint had already left and to the best of my knowledge NONE of the receivers have heard from him yet.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
                          Will Wagner is a great man with a great family, but what about his resume would make you think he'd be a great hire at Pitt State. In 8 years as a head coach he was 48-40 with one playoff appearance. In the 4 years after that lone 9 win season his record went backwards. I can't see that being any kind of a splash hire for Pitt State, or something their fan base would get excited about... I think your NW homerism is showing. Maybe they should go after Josh Lamberson because he's the reason UNK is decent now. ;) From all accounts, Pitt State already had a great guy as their coach.

That said, if he were hired there, I'd want him to do well because I really do like the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Will Wagner is a great man with a great family, but what about his resume would make you think he'd be a great hire at Pitt State. In 8 years as a head coach he was 48-40 with one playoff appearance. In the 4 years after that lone 9 win season his record went backwards. I can't see that being any kind of a splash hire for Pitt State, or something their fan base would get excited about... I think your NW homerism is showing. Maybe they should go after Josh Lamberson because he's the reason UNK is decent now. ;) From all accounts, Pitt State already had a great guy as their coach.

That said, if he were hired there, I'd want him to do well because I really do like the guy.
                            Pretty sure he wants Pitt to bring in a bad coach. At least, I think that was the joke?

Comment

Pierce predates Beck, and RB is one of the few positions where Pitt has been consistently good. Rose, for example got much better over his 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

I disagree with most of that about the DL. I saw improvement across the DL. Don't get me wrong, they were overly aggressive way too often (I'm not sure if that's coaching or scheme, though?), but did improve. If he's a good recruiter, though, he may be worth a look.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X