Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas City - What to do?

Ok I am going to Kansas City this weekend to watch my son and his S&T Miner teammates play in the Mineral Water Bowl. Seeing how there are some MIAA schools not too far from KC, I thought maybe you could give me some suggestions on post game fun in KC. We will be in Excelsior Springs on Friday night for the banquet dinner so it will just be Saturday evening in KC. The game is a noon kickoff so we will be back in KC around 5 or 6 Sat. evening I would guess. Any good suggestions on a place to eat dinner(not too pricey) and then maybe a bar, pub, sports bar, brewery,etc. afterwards? We will be staying in AirB&B close to downtown, so anything close to downtown would be preferable.

Re: Kansas City - What to do?

Originally posted by S&TMinerfan View Post
    Ok I am going to Kansas City this weekend to watch my son and his S&T Miner teammates play in the Mineral Water Bowl. Seeing how there are some MIAA schools not too far from KC, I thought maybe you could give me some suggestions on post game fun in KC. We will be in Excelsior Springs on Friday night for the banquet dinner so it will just be Saturday evening in KC. The game is a noon kickoff so we will be back in KC around 5 or 6 Sat. evening I would guess. Any good suggestions on a place to eat dinner(not too pricey) and then maybe a bar, pub, sports bar, brewery,etc. afterwards? We will be staying in AirB&B close to downtown, so anything close to downtown would be preferable.
    Cinderblock Brewery is A good place. It is also next to Chicken and Pickle, a family/adult yard game and restaurant place.

Comment

everybody talks about the BBQ in KC....well go to Wabash Station in Excelsior Springs....old school BBQ joint, nothing fancy the pits right outside and they'll serve it to you on a paper plate, but hands down better than everything in KC. I go out of my way to get up to Wabash.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
        everybody talks about the BBQ in KC....well go to Wabash Station in Excelsior Springs....old school BBQ joint, nothing fancy the pits right outside and they'll serve it to you on a paper plate, but hands down better than everything in KC. I go out of my way to get up to Wabash.
        Wabash is fine, but you're overselling it.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
          No way, that place just thinking about it brings a smile to my face. No other BBQ joint has left that kind of impression on me. Well, there's a place in Osage Beach, MO I found once but that's been damn near 20 years ago, I think of that joint often as well.

Comment

So much good BBQ in and around KC. It might be better to just list the ones to avoid.

Comment

Sorry guys but I am coming from Texas and I am a semi pro pit master(don't own my own restaurant but I do catering and BBQ competitions)so the BBQ suggestions(although I am sure are absolutely great food) are out for me as I would love anything but BBQ(sometimes you can get too much of a good thing-lol). Any other suggestions other than BBQ?

Comment

Sorry guys but I am coming from Texas and I am a semi pro pit master(don't own my own restaurant but I do catering and BBQ competitions)so the BBQ suggestions(although I am sure are absolutely great food) are out for me as I would love anything but BBQ(sometimes you can get too much of a good thing-lol). Any other suggestions other than BBQ?
                Hereford House but might be a little pricier than you want. Power & Light district is where all the happenings go on nowadays, I guess, I'm beyond that scene; my golden days revolved around Westport. (Do NOT go to Westport)

If you're a fan of wings, try The Peanut

Comment

Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Well if you are coming from Texas. I would bring all the warm clothes you own. Excelsior (for whatever reason) has to be the coldest place I have ever watched a football game at. It was so bad there was a line up in the restroom to use the heated hand driers so people could get feeling back into their fingers.........I kid you not

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGlen View Post
                      Well if you are coming from Texas. I would bring all the warm clothes you own. Excelsior (for whatever reason) has to be the coldest place I have ever watched a football game at. It was so bad there was a line up in the restroom to use the heated hand driers so people could get feeling back into their fingers.........I kid you not
                      +1. 2010 and 2013 MWB's were two of the colder games I've been to. If the wind is out of the NW (as it often is in December), that stadium can get a little wind tunnel-like.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                        Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                          No way, that place just thinking about it brings a smile to my face. No other BBQ joint has left that kind of impression on me. Well, there's a place in Osage Beach, MO I found once but that's been damn near 20 years ago, I think of that joint often as well.
                          Why do you keep having incorrect opinions? ;)

Comment

Yeah I am not looking forward to the cold weather!!! That is something us Texans are pansy's about-Lol!!Forecast says high of 42 and low of 29 with a good chance of rain, UGHHH !!!
                            Looks like we are staying close to Roanoke Park, which is close to Midtown Westport(that is where you told me not to go, now you got me worried). 3513 State Line Road. It says it is close to Plaza Westport and PWr & Light Downtown. Appreciate the recommendations, keep them coming along with anything else of note.
                            Originally posted by TigerGlen View Post

Comment

If you enjoy cajun, I'm a big fan of Jazz on 39th street in the Westport area. Always has live music, great atmosphere, reasonable prices, eclectic ****e and signatures all over the walls and tables

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X