Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kansas City - What to do?

Originally posted by Go-Rilla View Post
    Stay away from Stroud's. Most disappointing meal I've ever had and I've tried it three times. All hype..
    I wouldn't recommend Stroud's either, but only because the op is only there for one night and the wait on a Saturday night could be brutally long. The chicken and sides are fantastic though.

Comment

+1 WW1 museum is great.
      negro league baseball museum good also for something sports related.

Comment

Originally posted by southside View Post
        +1 WW1 museum is great.
        negro league baseball museum good also for something sports related.
        +1 on both of these.

NLB museum can be done in an afternoon. We spent two afternoons at the WW1 museum to see it all.

Comment

Don't let them scare you with the Westport talk. You're completely fine. They've had some skirmishes there, but it's usually around 2 a.m. or so when all the bars are closing.
          No, no, Westport is fine and can be one hell of a party; I just don't want to recommend/send somebody in there without a veteran of the scene. It can be a little rough around the edges and you're going to get a bit sullied or should and that's the fun of it. If you don't have one drink out of a gas can or get a Tina Turner midget impersonator to crop whip you at least once, you probably did Westport wrong.

P&L, which again I have no experience with so my perception may be wrong; seems like a nice indistinguishable area where guys dressed by Jos A Banks can have properly made cocktails talking to their dolled up gals about accessorizing their overpriced suburban homes with Wayfair deals.

Comment

Don't let them scare you with the Westport talk. You're completely fine. They've had some skirmishes there, but it's usually around 2 a.m. or so when all the bars are closing.
            I'll second the recommendation for Jazz. Great food and atmosphere/music.
            Stay away from Stroud's. Most disappointing meal I've ever had and I've tried it three times. All hype.
            But that could just be because I grew up eating actual CRAPPY fried chicken down in God's country.
            We tried Chicken Mary's after the Pitt NW game. Could have gotten better chicken at KFC..:laugh:

Comment

Blue Koi for Asian style dumplings and noodles. Across the street there is a cool book store called Prospero's, its is awesome to spend an hour or so browsing.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                We tried Chicken Mary's after the Pitt NW game. Could have gotten better chicken at KFC..:laugh:
                KFC is completely inedible. If you think it's better than Mary's, I found the problem. (To be clear. It's you. The problem is you)

Seriously, Fried chicken is what it is. I like it, but the sides at the local chicken joints are the real deal for me. (Disclaimer: KFC is not fried chicken, and I'm fairly sure it isn't even food.)

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  KFC is completely inedible. If you think it's better than Mary's, I found the problem. (To be clear. It's you. The problem is you)

Seriously, Fried chicken is what it is. I like it, but the sides at the local chicken joints are the real deal for me. (Disclaimer: KFC is not fried chicken, and I'm fairly sure it isn't even food.)
                  That German Tater Salad is pure crap...but according to Predatory Princess, its me...hahahahaha. God the offseason is boring. Can't even stir up good ribbin...

Comment

Colonel Sanders is going to whip your assss for that comment...:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                      That explains why my beer didn't do so well at competition there.
                      Owner got with a German while he was in Houston and started to "perfect" their product.

The owners and at least 1-2 brew-masters have interned with companies in Germany as well.....

Comment

Working on getting back in the very near future.

If it works out, I will make sure the "Traveling Bearcats" are taken care as well when they do their Hawaiian tour next year.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                          Colonel Sanders is going to whip your assss for that comment...:laugh:
                          It's like I thought. You like KFC. Your opinion on all foods is officially null and void.

Comment

KFC is completely inedible. (Disclaimer: KFC is not fried chicken, and I'm fairly sure it isn't even food.)
                            but have you tried the Double Down Sandwich?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat06 View Post
                              If it works out, I will make sure the "Traveling Bearcats" are taken care as well when they do their Hawaiian tour next year.
                              Expecting some conference expansion then? :laugh:

Comment

Excelsior Springs is my hometown and I would highly recommend the downtown area with visits to "The Mug" for coffee, lunch at "Willow Springs Mercantile" or "Rays Lunch and Diner" and Beer from Dubious Claims Brewery... If you do go to Wabash, get the Burnt Ends as I think they are the best in Kansas City. If you are not in the mood for BBQ, then Ventana Gourmet Grill is a nice place to eat dinner.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X