Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on at UCO

Both coordinators and DL coach are not coming back. When you lose half your staff that is not a good thing.

The Defense has never really been that good since Bobeck has arrived as far as I can remember. Offense has been decent but the play calling the last couple years has been suspect. Hopefully they get some decent candidates and make some good hires so Bobeck can keep his job. I think he has a year, maybe two to make a run at the playoffs before they start over fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by STGBroncho View Post
      The Defense has never really been that good since Bobeck has arrived as far as I can remember. Offense has been decent but the play calling the last couple years has been suspect. Hopefully they get some decent candidates and make some good hires so Bobeck can keep his job. I think he has a year, maybe two to make a run at the playoffs before they start over fresh.

Comment

Also since Bobeck has been there, he has gone through many assistant coaches!
        Whether he lets them go or they leave on their own.

Comment

Oh I think he has had more than enough time to get UCO to a better spot than they are in currently. This probably should have been his last year, but I think he is liked by a lot of the people that make the decisions as far as I can tell so that probably buys him another season, two if they win 8-9 games next year.

With the resources, location, facilities UCO has they should be much better off than they are in Football.

Comment

do not forget that 2-3 of those UCO wins annually are gimme BYES. that drops the record down way below .500

Comment

Bobeck's Record at UCO. The Numbers are a bit skewed because of the first two years.
              2012 2-8
              2013 2-8

2014 8-4 L MWB
              2015 7-5 W Texarkana
              2016 3-8
              2017 8-4 W Corsicana
              2018 8-4 W HOT
              2019 5-6

Last six years 39-31. Still not great.

I don't necessarily root for people to lose their jobs. That being said can UCO get anybody better than Bobeck to fill that position?

Also, what is his contract situation? With the new UCO president being a former finance officer (bean counter), I doubt that a coaching change will happen.
              Go Bronchos!

Comment

Oh I think he has had more than enough time to get UCO to a better spot than they are in currently. This probably should have been his last year, but I think he is liked by a lot of the people that make the decisions as far as I can tell so that probably buys him another season, two if they win 8-9 games next year.

With the resources, location, facilities UCO has they should be much better off than they are in Football.

Their football budget could use improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Their football budget could use improvement.
                  I bet they don't even budget for goalposts.

Comment

Last edited by Techster88; 11-27-2019, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Opinionated View Post
                        The major reason why UCO will never make the proverbial step up has to do with 2 reasons...Oklahoma Sooners and Oklahoma State Cowboys
                        Really? Hmm...go look at their rosters there are not "loaded" with kids from Oklahoma in fact, Oklahoma's is only around 20%. To me it comes down to coaching. NW has historically gone into Iowa and Nebraska and plucked many a kid who excelled. And this with a smaller overall population to pull from. Furthermore, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska have not produced that many DI athletes on a yearly basis while Oklahoma has. Pitt has always recruited Oklahoma and now Emporia is as well. So what gives? Coaching.

Comment

I agree John; it comes down to coaching and coaching has a lot to do with selling the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Opinionated View Post
                            I agree John; it comes down to coaching and coaching has a lot to do with selling the program.
                            One thing that I do not recall being mentioned in the money equation is assistant coaches salaries. If the good assistants are being paid reasonably then IMO they are more likely to stick around and thus improve the program..

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X