Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are some MIAA schools fighting so hard to keep silo scheduling?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are some MIAA schools fighting so hard to keep silo scheduling?

Why don't the fan bases of those schools make their views known to the administrators/Presidents?

Because no one from these other conferences will play the top tier teams in the MIAA. Northwest, Central, Hays and Pitt will have trouble scheduling D2 programs unless they pay them. I think the only way they could get it done is if they worked a deal with a conference like the LSC to ensure all teams in the MIAA were guaranteed a game. I think it could be done because there are a lot of those other conferences that need games. And the MIAA is more centrally located than some of the teams they are playing. Example. Midwestern State went to Western Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by backintheday View Post
      Why don't the fan bases of those schools make their views known to the administrators/Presidents?
      or, why don't the presidents and administrations listen to their fans?

Comment

Which schools are fighting to keep it?

Comment

I would love it if the GAC and MIAA both agreed to schedule games against each other. It would definitely help clear up some region 3 playoff questions every year.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post
            I would love it if the GAC and MIAA both agreed to schedule games against each other. It would definitely help clear up some region 3 playoff questions every year.
            It would be better than nothing, but would just basically create an expanded silo.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

It would be better than nothing, but would just basically create an expanded silo.

Yeah, you're right. So what would your ideal scenario be? 8 Conference games, and the school has the freedom to schedule whichever 3 other games they want?

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

Yeah, you're right. So what would your ideal scenario be? 8 Conference games, and the school has the freedom to schedule whichever 3 other games they want?
                9-2 seemed to work well in the past.

A compromise might be if one of those was a conference agreement deal. Maybe 1 game per team against the GAC and 1 game at large or something similar?

Comment

I was wondering the same thing, its seems like every MIAA school would benefit from playing non-conference teams. The Northwest Mo vs. Harding game will be interesting in terms comparing the level of competition of two conferences (The MIAA/GAC mentioned above).

Comment

Anyone defending silo is doing so because, despite what Western's AD says, the MIAA hasn't been close to only having one team make the playoffs. In fact, in the 6 years of complete silo scheduling, the MIAA has never had a team that lost 2 games or less fail to make the playoffs. In 2016, CentralMO got in at 9-2 as the 3rd MIAA team. That probably wouldn't get a team in under the current regional configuration (Henderson this year) but most aren't going to feel sorry for a 3rd place team that doesn't get in.
                    Last edited by Randy; 11-22-2019, 02:43 PM. Reason: change nobody to most in the last sentence

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                      Because no one from these other conferences will play the top tier teams in the MIAA. Northwest, Central, Hays and Pitt will have trouble scheduling D2 programs unless they pay them. I think the only way they could get it done is if they worked a deal with a conference like the LSC to ensure all teams in the MIAA were guaranteed a game. I think it could be done because there are a lot of those other conferences that need games. And the MIAA is more centrally located than some of the teams they are playing. Example. Midwestern State went to Western Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                        Anyone defending silo is doing so because, despite what Western's AD says, the MIAA hasn't been close to only having one team make the playoffs. In fact, in the 6 years of complete silo scheduling, the MIAA has never had a team that lost 2 games or less fail to make the playoffs. In 2016, CentralMO got in at 9-2 as the 3rd MIAA team. That probably wouldn't get a team in under the current regional configuration (Henderson this year) but most aren't going to feel sorry for a 3rd place team that doesn't get in.
                        We really only have the last three years to compare because those are the years under the current configuration. Had Henderson won their game against Ouachita and Central won their game against Northwest, there was a real chance the MIAA would have only had one participant.

In every other super region, a conference has had at least three participants in the playoffs except one once.

SR1 - PSAC (5)
                        SR2 - SAC (3)
                        SR4 - NSIC (3)

SR1 - PSAC (3)
                        SR2 - GSC (4)

SR1 - PSAC (4)
                        SR2 - GSC (4)
                        SR4 - NSIC (3)

Comment

Not Pitt State or MO West.

Comment

i have no idea how many, but i know at least a couple of those games NW had to pay to get an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post

i have no idea how many, but i know at least a couple of those games NW had to pay to get an opponent.
                              Probably Arky Tech and East Central? Maybe Saggy, too. They still booked some home and home deals too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X