Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure who's going to win, but NW is gonna have to score early if they want to. The secondary is light years better than last year, they will pick off a QB making risky throws to keep his team in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

NEXT YEAR - Kyle Bradley will be a (R) Senior and because of his length of time at UCM, I think the job is his to lose. If Bradley falters then Twehous will take the reins. Other QB's on the roster next year will be Flowers who will be a (R)) Junior and John Raybourn who will be a (R) Soph. next year.. Raybourn was a first team all state QB at Staley HS and he also plays on the Mules baseball team. Also, there are 3 freshman QB's that redshirted this year that could be on the active roster next year. That's 7 possible active QB's on the roster next year. but I don't see that happening. I'm guessing that 1 or 2 of those freshmen will not be on the active roster again next year and maybe the Flowers kid (R) Junior next year changes positions (just a guess). And who knows if Coach Boda might land a great QB transfer.

Having said all that, the best QB option for next year might have been the guy who got away, Jeremy Hunt. Last year Bolles went out injured for the season in the 3rd quarter of game one at Ft. Hays. The Mules had the lead and looked in control until the Bolles injury. Kyle Braley (R) Soph at the time came in and promptly blew the game with a fumble and other miscues. Bradley went on to start the next game or two and wasn't getting it done. (R) Freshman QB Jeremy Hunt took over and started the next few games and looked pretty good. By the end of the season, Hunt and Bradley were sharing the QB duties. Bradley was a slightly better runner and Hunt was the far better passer. At end of 2018 and with the anticipated return of Bolles for 2019, Hunt decided he wasn't going to waste a year on the bench. Hunt transferred to a juco in Texas to get playing time as a starter and continue to sharpen his skills......can't blame him for that. I don't follow social media, so I don't know what Texas juco he went to, but it will be interesting to see where he transfers to for final two years. I'm not suggesting he will return to UCM, because it won't happen. But, in my opinion, Hunt would have been the best guy to take over for Bolles.
      Can't recall specifically;ly where he went but was injured early in the year. Hunt had a great arm but lacked in the other intangibles. He was not the leader that is/was needed in the qb position and was more concerned about his stats than team results. he reminded me of Dennis Giles.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

NEXT YEAR - Kyle Bradley will be a (R) Senior and because of his length of time at UCM, I think the job is his to lose. If Bradley falters then Twehous will take the reins. Other QB's on the roster next year will be Flowers who will be a (R)) Junior and John Raybourn who will be a (R) Soph. next year.. Raybourn was a first team all state QB at Staley HS and he also plays on the Mules baseball team. Also, there are 3 freshman QB's that redshirted this year that could be on the active roster next year. That's 7 possible active QB's on the roster next year. but I don't see that happening. I'm guessing that 1 or 2 of those freshmen will not be on the active roster again next year and maybe the Flowers kid (R) Junior next year changes positions (just a guess). And who knows if Coach Boda might land a great QB transfer.

Having said all that, the best QB option for next year might have been the guy who got away, Jeremy Hunt. Last year Bolles went out injured for the season in the 3rd quarter of game one at Ft. Hays. The Mules had the lead and looked in control until the Bolles injury. Kyle Braley (R) Soph at the time came in and promptly blew the game with a fumble and other miscues. Bradley went on to start the next game or two and wasn't getting it done. (R) Freshman QB Jeremy Hunt took over and started the next few games and looked pretty good. By the end of the season, Hunt and Bradley were sharing the QB duties. Bradley was a slightly better runner and Hunt was the far better passer. At end of 2018 and with the anticipated return of Bolles for 2019, Hunt decided he wasn't going to waste a year on the bench. Hunt transferred to a juco in Texas to get playing time as a starter and continue to sharpen his skills......can't blame him for that. I don't follow social media, so I don't know what Texas juco he went to, but it will be interesting to see where he transfers to for final two years. I'm not suggesting he will return to UCM, because it won't happen. But, in my opinion, Hunt would have been the best guy to take over for Bolles.

Jeremy Hunt Trinity Valley community college
        2019-20 9 179 287 62.4% 2227 247.4 7.8 20 5 55 147.1

Comment

Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post

Jeremy Hunt Trinity Valley community college
          2019-20 9 179 287 62.4% 2227 247.4 7.8 20 5 55 147.1
          Don't get me wrong, Jeremy Hunt could sling it but that is all he wanted to do. Those are gaudy numbers but this is JUCO ball where it is every man for themselves and not about "team" Last year he was constantly looking for the deep ball and locked on too many times to a particular receiver. He never really went thru his progressions and that is something I hope he has worked on while at Trinity.

If he would have stayed, he may indeed be the next person up as he would have been a red shirt sophomore this year and had two years left. And with the talent the Mules have coming back, it could have been a magical year but like I said, it was not about the team, it was more about him. This is my opinion from what I saw on the field and from discussions I had with some of the players. Last year's team needed leadership at the QB position and he couldn't deliver. Heck, he even made his mind to leave early as he was gone at semester.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X