Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• 06-09 were pretty awesome, but that 2006 D will always stand out to me because of the depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post

You must be pretty young.
          I'm old enough to drink, and that's all that mattered after the title game last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post

06-09 were pretty awesome, but that 2006 D will always stand out to me because of the depth.
            07-09 were very good, but far from terrifying. Had some great players though

Comment

• Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

I'm old enough to drink, and that's all that mattered after the title game last year.

Comment

• It was fine. I made the trip from BR on the fan bus and it was 100 percent worth it to watch that game live.

Comment

• No one has mentioned special teams. In a close game with few points scored (I think what most of us expect), special teams could be key. I think both kickers are good; Dieterle is 7 of 9 (long of 52) and Sampson is 12/13 inside 49 yards. While Hohensee is better at pinning opponents deep, he can uncork one occasionally. Our kick coverage is pretty solid in what I have seen this season (Hohensee's hang time helps in punt coverage). Seems like we haven't blocked as many kicks as we sometimes do. I can think of a blocked punt vs Pitt and a blocked FG against Southern (I think), but maybe I am forgetting some? Donadelle is definitely a threat and Tatum is solid.

Ferris fans, did I read right that your leading receiver is also your punter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fro-th_and_goal View Post
                    No one has mentioned special teams. In a close game with few points scored (I think what most of us expect), special teams could be key. I think both kickers are good; Dieterle is 7 of 9 (long of 52) and Sampson is 12/13 inside 49 yards. While Hohensee is better at pinning opponents deep, he can uncork one occasionally. Our kick coverage is pretty solid in what I have seen this season (Hohensee's hang time helps in punt coverage). Seems like we haven't blocked as many kicks as we sometimes do. I can think of a blocked punt vs Pitt and a blocked FG against Southern (I think), but maybe I am forgetting some? Donadelle is definitely a threat and Tatum is solid.

If that last part is true, Nick Saban would not like Ferris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fro-th_and_goal View Post
                      you heard right, he's also out for the remainder of the season with a broken ankle.

Comment

you heard right, he's also out for the remainder of the season with a broken ankle.
                        We have three different punters with substantial game experience we can loan you. One is also a RB and was a first team all state QB in HS; one is also a safety and was a first team all state RB in HS; the third is just a punter, but he's usually the best of the bunch. They have experience in all kinds of punting formations (one punter, two punter, three punter, etc), so they should be able to adapt at a moment's notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

We have three different punters with substantial game experience we can loan you. One is also a RB and was a first team all state QB in HS; one is also a safety and was a first team all state RB in HS; the third is just a punter, but he's usually the best of the bunch. They have experience in all kinds of punting formations (one punter, two punter, three punter, etc), so they should be able to adapt at a moment's notice.
                          THREE multi-position punters in formation? Wow, I thought Ferris's punting was prolific with one! I'm dialing Annese right now, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Comment

THREE multi-position punters in formation? Wow, I thought Ferris's punting was prolific with one! I'm dialing Annese right now, I'll let you guys know how it goes.
                            Have him ask for Pitt's head coach...oh, wait.

Comment

Just don't open your phone call saying, "I heard something about Pitt State..." He might think you're talking about something else.

Comment

• Weather appears that it will not be a factor today so no excuses for either team. So who comes out and smacks whom in the face first? Can someone take the opening drive down the field and score? Can Ferris not turn the ball over and give NW a short field or a defensive score?

Ferris 24 - NW 13 with Ferris scoring late to put things away.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X