Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA Program question for prospective FB Player/Recruit

I have a serious question, so asking for honest and serious answers only.
    I have a family member who is being recruited by two schools in the MIAA. The schools are Missouri Western State and Central Missouri. I would like to know from anyone (with or without ties to either school but with ties to the MIAA) what are the pros and cons of the school. This could be as it pertains to Football program /Academics/enrollment size/ the student support, etc.

Thanks - any info is appreciated

Click image for larger version

Name:	0718856157303.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	462393
    Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post

Always better with popcorn! :)

Comment

Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post

Serious responses only...go!

Comment

Pretty simple really......it boils down to whether your relative would rather get shanked or acquire an STD.

Comment

Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post
            Pretty simple really......it boils down to whether your relative would rather get shanked or acquire an STD.
            LMAO!

Comment

Good gosh! Man you are not making either school sound very appealing!

Comment

Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post
                Or, getting shanked, while getting an STD.
                Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

The STD line is getting pretty old and comes up every year. But on a serious note; here goes for UCM:

Pro's UCM - 1) Better atmosphere for a game IMO. I also have not been to Mo West since the upgrades, 2) Campus is small in size and easy to get around. Main campus is 2 blocks by 2 blocks. 3) UCM has a better reputation academically. 4) Students/community will come out and support a winner. 5) If they are going into education, criminal justice, CADD/Engineering Tech or Construction Management, UCM's programs are very good. 5) Easy town to get around and has most everything other than your larger clothing stores. We now have a Starbucks, Chipotle and Culvers is opening in the spring.However, you can be in Lee's Summit in 40 minutes and it is an easy drive. 6) Close enough to KC and all it has to offer but not nearly as expensive. 7) Campus is not nearly as isolated as Mo West. 8) Get to see the B2 regularly and for an occasional fly over for a home football game. 9) Overall athletic program

Cons: 1) Doesn't have an indoor practice facility; this is a huge factor to some 2) Is a smaller community than St. Joe and thus doesn't have as many things to offer; 3) Is a transient community given the nature of those attending the University and with Whiteman Air Force Base 10 miles away. 4) The reputation of Pine Street (bar district) two blocks from campus. This is changing but it is not by those that visited years ago 5) Doesn't have a bevy of big dollar donors so it is hard to fund raise and update things. Yes, Jim Crane the owner of the Astros is an Alumnus but you can't go to him every year. He put out a pledge to upgrade the baseball facilities two years ago and Jerry has not come up with his to match so things are on hold. I believe the amount Crane pledged was 2 million that Jerry had to match in order to move forward. 6) Not a ton of places to just "hang out" other than bars/restaurants.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
                      The STD line is getting pretty old and comes up every year. But on a serious note; here goes for UCM:

Pro's UCM - 1) Better atmosphere for a game IMO. I also have not been to Mo West since the upgrades, 2) Campus is small in size and easy to get around. Main campus is 2 blocks by 2 blocks. 3) UCM has a better reputation academically. 4) Students/community will come out and support a winner. 5) If they are going into education, criminal justice, CADD/Engineering Tech or Construction Management, UCM's programs are very good. 5) Easy town to get around and has most everything other than your larger clothing stores. We now have a Starbucks, Chipotle and Culvers is opening in the spring.However, you can be in Lee's Summit in 40 minutes and it is an easy drive. 6) Close enough to KC and all it has to offer but not nearly as expensive. 7) Campus is not nearly as isolated as Mo West. 8) Get to see the B2 regularly and for an occasional fly over for a home football game. 9) Overall athletic program

Cons: 1) Doesn't have an indoor practice facility; this is a huge factor to some 2) Is a smaller community than St. Joe and thus doesn't have as many things to offer; 3) Is a transient community given the nature of those attending the University and with Whiteman Air Force Base 10 miles away. 4) The reputation of Pine Street (bar district) two blocks from campus. This is changing but it is not by those that visited years ago 5) Doesn't have a bevy of big dollar donors so it is hard to fund raise and update things. Yes, Jim Crane the owner of the Astros is an Alumnus but you can't go to him every year. He put out a pledge to upgrade the baseball facilities two years ago and Jerry has not come up with his to match so things are on hold. I believe the amount Crane pledged was 2 million that Jerry had to match in order to move forward. 6) Not a ton of places to just "hang out" other than bars/restaurants.
                      I would 100% put Pine Street in the pros column..... Hell, I'd probably list it number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by S&TMinerfan View Post
                        Good gosh! Man you are not making either school sound very appealing!
                        He will learn a lot through the official visit process, I am assuming he has already taken an un-official visit and has a sense for the environments? Gorilla John layed it out well above. IMO Central will run a tighter ship, has a better coaching staff, and a better "program" in general. The only thing they really lack is an indoor practice/training facility.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBacker View Post

He will learn a lot through the official visit process, I am assuming he has already taken an un-official visit and has a sense for the environments? Gorilla John layed it out well above. IMO Central will run a tighter ship, has a better coaching staff, and a better "program" in general. The only thing they really lack is an indoor practice/training facility.
                          Not sure that I agree about Central having the better coaching staff. MW seems to have put a team on the field each year that is better than the previous year under the current staff.

Comment

I think UCM is a much bigger school. Isn't it? Not that overall size matters as much as ratio and class size.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X